Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do with finished quilts? >

What do you do with finished quilts?

What do you do with finished quilts?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:02 PM

I have never made a just because quilt. I always have someone in mind to give them to before I make them.. However I have not made that many so I cant say what the future holds...
Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 PM

M
Originally Posted by BeckyL
good question, some I give as gifts, some to charity, some I hoard because I'm just not ready to part with them. They are somewhat like my "children". I have to let them get old enough to move away from home. lol
Me too.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM

I allways make my quilts for some one in the family,or for my friends.that is my love for quilting.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:49 PM

I rotate them so I can enjoy them hanging or on beds, some I make for family. Jan
Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM

Ours goes to a mission house here in our town and eventually make their way to veterans. Baby quilts go to mama's in the area to let them know someone cares. Never a pile left laying around, they all find homes quickly. We make up a lot of tops, then have a "Quilt-arobics" get together and tie them all off with some retirees around the area. You can feel some muscles come alive after bending and reaching to tie off the quilts, henceforth, "Quilt-arobics", after doing 20-30 quilts in one session.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:43 PM

It becomes a`new stash. There for when a gift is needed. This stash usually doesn't get too big,because most of mine are made for a special reason or individual
Old 06-14-2011, 04:51 PM

I donate them to the pregnant teens in my school. It started as an anonymous thing, but the girls quickly figured out that I was the one doing it, and they all gravitated to my room for me to teach them to quilt. :)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM

I always try to have quilts ready to give so when I need one it's ready. I have given a lot away to fellow quilters, and church member who are facing difficulties in their lives.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by BeckyL
good question, some I give as gifts, some to charity, some I hoard because I'm just not ready to part with them. They are somewhat like my "children". I have to let them get old enough to move away from home. lol
DITTO!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by MYWR
put them over the couch, or at the end of a bed. One of the best thing I ever did - was send a quilt with no home - that I really liked to a friend of mine who i hadn't seen for a while. . . just becasue. she called and was crying - she is a single mom - and said this was the first thing she had ever gotten that didn't show up on a creidt card bill - It was a different type of feling - not like when you make something for charity and give it to someone who you don't know. This wil be a cherished memory for both of us. And - . . . I just did it !
Paying it forward. Good for you!

FREE Quilting Newsletter