Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????" >

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

"Your Going to Ride your Bicycle Where??????"

Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

I live in Southern Middle TN--if you get this far hollar at me!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Over the hills to Hillsboro is the story of an Northeastern family who plotted the bicyle trip from East to West...until they wore out or broke down. They called it quits in AZ...and flew back home. Colorado will allow you to ride in the right side of the interstate highways, but NE will not. Good luck to you!!! In fact Colorado has the Olympic training team in Denver and all kinds of bike trails there. If a motorist hits a bike, there I am told, they are in BIG trouble.
Yes, and Independence Pass is a kick. It is so narrow that the center line is only about two inces wide and there is NO leeway anwhere over the pass. Your thrill is to meet a herd of bikers ahead of you going up, or down. The only thing worse is to meet up with a huge RV that had no idea what they were facing when they started up, be it from East, or West.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 AM

It sounds like an awesome trip to me. Have fun and be safe. 100 miles a day sounds like a bit much to me. Years ago when I was younger and in shape we used to ride about 100 miles every Saturday. That is a lot of miles to do day after day. A friend rode from Cincinnati, OH to Daytona Beach Florida. His wife met him and drove him home. I went along thru Ky and part of TN but had to get back to work. Yes you can ship anything home, I did. Be careful some drivers are crazy and don't look out for others. Have an awesome trip and let us know how it goes.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:23 AM

I wouldnt mind ya crashin' here for a night but I dont think I'm on your route. I have no idea where you're starting...
Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 AM

Have your wife be the sag wagon. She can shop while you are pedaling. You need to look up Ragbrai. Bike ride across iowa. Lots of quilt shops along the way. Last full week of july. Make sure you get a bike seat with a hole in the middle of the seat. You will understand why after about 50 miles .
Old 06-15-2011, 05:33 AM

Be careful and have a safe trip And all the money your saving on gas will cover shipping cost on your purchases
Old 06-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Whoa!! Thats quite the trip, but enjoy it. I know you'll find some interesting shops to browse through! I would be terrible...stopping to shop in the cool A/C all day, then have to make up my miles at night. Oh...right, that could be dangerous!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM

ooh, sounds like fun. wish I could do something like that! I'll tell you what I always say to my daughter, stay safe and have fun!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM

You are NUTS! Be safe!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:48 AM

Since the sun and heat are/could be a problem..How about you rent one of those NEW 3 wheel motor cycles ...or mabe a
horse and buggy for your trip..it would be a slow trip if you wanted it to be and you can ride at night.....if people could only read my mind/thoughts I'm sure all would be laughing..Billy on a bike, quilts flying in the breeze,little flashlights swinging all about and his wife carry a cast iron pan and and helling "if YOU fall,Im gonna hit ya with my Pam"

LOL