Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
satisfied w/ fabric quality  from connecting threads ? >

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

satisfied w/ fabric quality from connecting threads ?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 AM

Thanks. that's good to know
Originally Posted by MTS
I bought a bunch of the solid FQ packs when they were on sale a few months ago. I haven't used them but they seemed find to me. I don't anticipate any problems.

However, just a note. The reason they were on clearance and couldn't be back-ordered (some combos were out of stock) was because they were phasing out a few of the colors. Since the packs had appeared in the catalog already, they wouldn't be able to reproduce them exactly with the same colors.

So if you buy any of the clearance solids, don't expect to be able to reorder the same EXACT color in the future.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 AM

I wouldn't call CT fabric *top* quality, but its quite good and I love how it feels.

I prewash everything (cold) and have not experienced shrinkage. Mostly I've purchased Mirage. I like the colors.

My only bad experience with it is that on a *few* occasions it arrives cut badly; when I've pulled a thread to get a straight edge, I've lost as much as 4-5 inches. BUT upon communicating this to CT, they offered to send more fabric.

In fact, when I didn't get back to them right away, they *called* me to follow up. Great service.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:39 AM

I think they are great! I was afraid to order because I like to feel the fabrics, but I was pleasantly surprised!! :)
Old 06-16-2011, 05:08 AM

I bought some fabric for backing a couple years ago and was pleasantly surprised as to how soft the fabric is.

Also liked the one I got as I could use the front patterned side as well as the back side which was solid. I would definitely buy from them again.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:13 AM

Never been disappointed with their fabric, it is excellent. I have lots and lots
Have a Blessed day
Ellen
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 AM

If you're on a budget, I think CT is the way to go. If you can afford to buy elsewhere, I would. Their fabric is superior to Joann's or Walmart, but not LQS quality, IMO. It's a bit thin, and it always looks loosely woven to me. I'm curious about the actual thread count.

I also had a customer service nightmare with them. I'm glad others have had luck, but I did not.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM

Bought them, using them and really like them. Love the colors
Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
Talk about raveling...I just finished a top of mixed batiks and some Stonehenge . The Stonehenge is mostly on my ironing board, the floor, whatever I was wearing and all over the machine and it's table. A real mess. I am not real pleased with it. Have had no such trouble with C T fabric.
Just about finished making a queen size quilt from one of their kits, Moonlight I think was the name of the kit. Have no problem with threads all over. Didn't want to prewash all of the fabrics first so I prewashed a 12 1/2"square and it measured the same after washing and drying in the dryer. Will include some ColorCatchers when I gift the quilt as there are some darker colors in the quilt and I don't want to take a chance on any other them bleeding when the quilt is washed.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 AM

I use it all the time and have not had any problems.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:54 AM

I just received my solids blenders from Connecton Threads yesterday and was not disappointed. I have tons of fabric from them and am very satisfied!