Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pam Bono >

Pam Bono

Pam Bono

Old 06-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
@grandmapepsi -
The navy fabric for the swans- what is it (if you know)? The print has a FABULOUS texture.
Not grandmapepsi, but I think what you are seeing is her beautiful basting
stitches. Wish mine was that neat and regular. ;)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
Originally Posted by MTS
@grandmapepsi -
The navy fabric for the swans- what is it (if you know)? The print has a FABULOUS texture.
Not grandmapepsi, but I think what you are seeing is her beautiful basting
stitches. Wish mine was that neat and regular. ;)
LOL!!! You know, I thought that originally, but it looks like there is something going on even without those slashes (whether they be stitches or part of the pattern).
Old 06-15-2011, 09:26 PM

I made this quilt for my grandson a couple of years ago from her book - lots of pieces to keep organized, and it took me awhile to "get it" but once I did, I like the way it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-212076.jpe
Views:	298
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	212082  
Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 PM

A friend of mine has made quite a few of Pam's patterns. Lots of little pieces, but the end results were spectacular
Old 06-16-2011, 05:31 AM

Several years ago our local quilt shop used a set of her patterns (Baltimore album looking) as a BOM. We fondly called it the "quilt from H---" but in fact it was just the number of pieces and the cutting needed for those large blocks (maybe 16"?) that were time consuming. Her technique and directions are great and make a lot of sense. The practice handling the small pieces we had for that one was a confidence builder! I have a couple of her books and love the quilts in them. The easy angler was a great tool. Why not try one of her table runner patterns to start with or a wall hanging?
Pat
Old 06-16-2011, 07:56 AM

I did one of pam's quilts - the one with saddles on it for my daughter who loves horses - alot of small pieces and alot of matching seams - came out pretty good except the ultra red suede on the saddle has run into the white a little - but never had the quts to wash it.... I should one day. I am not sure I would ever do another one but might.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 AM

her quilts are beautiful, I m just not sure if I would every finish one
Old 06-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Wow these quilts you all have made are spectacular! There is just something about her designs that stand out. Thank you all for sharing your photos,tips and ideas.The hard thing for me is I have TONS of scraps and not a lot of yardage. I am trying very hard not to buy but I may have to I really love her designs I may try selling some boxes of scraps on ebay to justify :) .
Old 06-16-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Wow these quilts you all have made are spectacular! There is just something about her designs that stand out. Thank you all for sharing your photos,tips and ideas.The hard thing for me is I have TONS of scraps and not a lot of yardage. I am trying very hard not to buy but I may have to I really love her designs I may try selling some boxes of scraps on ebay to justify :) .
Yay, a new convert!!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Hi, Everyone, I love the Pam Bono line of quilting. You have to read the instructions very, very carefully and put all your different pieces in separate little baggies carefully numbered. You have to cut and piece very carefully as well and you have to use the Angler 2. It took me a bit of practice to get the hang of the piecing together of the design. I learned to cut and piece so much better than I did before by using her patterns and techniques. Bernice, Alberta