Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
yikes...I've lost my... >

yikes...I've lost my...

yikes...I've lost my...

Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 AM

lie down, relax, close your eyes & focus on that precious machine & think back to the last time you saw it--works every time for me!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM

My mother went through 4 house fires, and at least 30 moves. She always said she lost more in a move than in a fire.

EVERY year I buy the little plastic hollow eggs to hide Easter candy in, collect them afterwards, and carefully put them away for the next year. EVERY year I forget where I put them, and have to buy new ones! When my kids clean out my stuff when I am gone, they will find twenty or so bags of plastic eggs!!

But I do so hope your machine shows up. That is so frustrating.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Of course it will be the last place you look!!!!why would you keep looking if you found it
Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
You will find it, just be patient with yourself. I am still trying to figure out where I put Christmas ornaments that I made a long time ago.
I was given a beautiful box of chocolates last Christmas, put them away for after the holidays, and now can't find them anywhere. By the time they show up....it will probably be Christmas again! :lol: :lol:

But, I agree, be patient and hopefully your sewing machine will show up. Good luck :!:
Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Thanks, everyone.

Yes, I did look in the car by totally emptying it from front to back. I went over to my Mom's but it's not there.

It's a mystery.

I'll let you know when and where I find it.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:56 AM

I think calling the friends and family members who helped you move is a good strategy. Someone will remember. We couldn't find our dryer vent tubing stuff...I know that isn't what it is called....so we bought more, and then found it stuffed inside the washing machine. If I had called the friends who helped us move, we would have been "up and going" much sooner. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 PM

Have you checked with all the people that helped you move. One of them might still have it in their car trunk and not even know it?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 PM

I hear you :roll: I am stll looking for this mornings paper. I have no idea where I put it :!:
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 PM

My "good" machine was lost for quite a while. I was sure it was in the front bedroom but I wasn't sure. After I moved, My para from school came over and stacked up all the boxes in the front bedroom up against the front wall leaving the heater vent enough room to vent. Well, I could get in the room after she did that. I thought my machine was on a closet shelf in there. When I looked in the box that was on the shelf - it wasn't my sewing machine. I bought a refurbished machine off craigslist. I was frustrated! Well I decided that I would clean and get rid of everything in the front bedroom that I could do without. Well, guess where my machine was! Right up against the front wall of the room almost in the opposite corner from the door. I can sure sew better now.
I pray that yours is not that hard to find! You are not alone.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:08 PM

I don't know how any of us accomplish as many quilts as we do -I KNOW there is an Island of lost stuff right next to the Island of Missing Socks :)