Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to display new Studio Color Wheel? >

How to display new Studio Color Wheel?

How to display new Studio Color Wheel?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 AM

Didn't read every post but has anyone suggested clear contact paper - you could add a little bracing between the layers if needed so it stayed flat and 'flippable'
Old 06-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Once you get a fair amount of creases out of it, you can laminate it and hang it slightly away from the wall like a mobile so you can reach up and flip it from time to time to see both beautiful sides.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:24 PM

If I wanted to use both sides, I would consider sandwiching between two panes of glass and hanging in frame from the ceiling at eye level. Just a thought. Now that I see yours, will have to get one for myself.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Hi Everyone,

My new Studio Color Wheel by Joen Wolfrom came in the mail today and I'm trying to decide the best way to display it so I can use both sides as they are different.

I have a spot above my cutting table that I'd like to hang it, but I want to be able to flip it from front to back as needed.

Unfortunately, there are several creases in it from being folded in it's package, as they do not come rolled up but folded in thirds each way. Would love to lessen these creases somehow.

I was thinking of laminating it and then maybe punching a hole for a hanger, but maybe someone out there has a better idea for me.

I'm attaching two pics, front and back. It really is a wonderful tool, so I'd like to use it to it's full potential. The only 'directions' for hanging on the package insert are, "Hang it in your sewing room, studio, office or anywhere you work with color." Maybe the back side is just for looks and I shouldn't worry about it. :lol:

Thanks,
I bought a laminater at a sewing expo several years ago and love,love,love it. I would press the color wheel first to take the creases out and then laminate.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:53 PM

You could purchase another one and hang them side by side?????
Old 06-19-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by rslindiana
Didn't read every post but has anyone suggested clear contact paper - you could add a little bracing between the layers if needed so it stayed flat and 'flippable'
Yes, it seems at least one other person has suggested Contac paper as an option; one I will keep open.

Thank you,
Old 06-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
Once you get a fair amount of creases out of it, you can laminate it and hang it slightly away from the wall like a mobile so you can reach up and flip it from time to time to see both beautiful sides.
I'm just amazed at all the terrific ideas everyone has. Gotta love this board! :thumbup:
Old 06-19-2011, 03:16 PM

I would deffinatly use a press cloth,when I press it.
thanks for the websight

d.swindle
Old 06-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
This might sound sacriligious, but I'd use a push pin; hang it front side out and take it down whenever I wanted to use it. Then both sides would be available. I have a colour wheel and like to hold my fabric against it, so hanging on a wall is not the most useful place.
Alternatively, you could laminate it, punch two holes in it, string the holes and hang it from the string. That way you could flip from side to side without taking it down.
The laminating, punching holes in it, was my 1st thought. I would use a pretty ribbon to hang it with instead of string, but otherwise, right on!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Google Goddess

I was just thinking the same thing buy 2 and hang them up that way

Originally Posted by Shelley
They're not too expensive. I'd be tempted to buy two and hang them side by side. After they fade from the sun, lights, and time you can flip them over.