Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Circular sewing attachment questions >

Circular sewing attachment questions

Circular sewing attachment questions

Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 AM

Bought one on Friday for my bernina, havn't use it yet but anxious to give it a try.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
i have one for my Janome that looks like the first one. the sales lady gave me the wrong one and i tried and tried to get it to pop in place. luckily I took it back and get the right one. it snaps in place over the bobbin area and you move the bar to the size circle you want to make. it has a sharp "tack" the fabric or qlt block goes over. not fond of that but it holds the fabric in place as it goes around.
http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...ing_Attachment
I have the same one and have used it to make lots of tablemats. The fabric needs interfacing so that the circle keeps its shape as the fabric rotates. I cut a square (no bias edges to cause problems) of pelmet Vilene and a thin layer of cotton batting and sandwich them between two squares of cotton fabric. When I've finished stitching any patterns, I do a narrow zigzag around the perimeter, then remove it from the machine and cut out the circle. Then it goes back on the circle attachment and I stitch round with a wider zigzag, once or twice, until the white filling is covered with thread and no longer visible. The attachment makes up to a 12" diameter circle.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:45 AM

I have used this many times. This will also work on a serger when you want to finish and cut out circles. Used it for a Bible School project.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 AM

I have wanted to get one for my Brother but at $80 its going to have to wait for a bit. :-)
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 AM

Hi. I have a circular attachment. I have a 630 and bought the attachment at my dealer. Think I paid around $65 for it. Make about an 8-9 inch circle. I really like it.

Liz in SE Texas
Old 06-20-2011, 05:16 AM
Banned

the second one is actually a "flower" stitching foot...sort of reminds me of the old spirograph's we had as kids!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
Check this out. Maybe you can save some money. I have never tried it.

http://3creativestudios.com/freeprojects/circle.pdf
How cool. I'll have to try it.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 AM

I have one for my Bernina 440. I've only used it once. No problems.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
I have the Janome attachment, and ... not totally happy with it. There's a little cover that's supposed to hold the fabric on the sharp tack and also protect you from the sharp point, but it seems to come off very easily, and the fabric doesn't stay on the point.
i have the janome one and you have to very lightly keep your finger on top of the black thing that goes over the top of that pointed thing. i've made tons of round pot holders and round placemats. people love getting them as gifts. i've also made rectangular table runners then used the round attachment to do circles overlapped a tat down the length of the runner.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 AM

-This is just a wild thought. Could you take a flat ear ring stud put it pointing up ,then use the normal back to keep it from sticking you or the fabric coming off?