Featherweight machine

Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Ok this is where I am.. I ask for payment of $150.00for damages. I should have a check in the mail on Monday for that amount.
Plan to use the machine as is. I have given her a name "Lily" as in peace lily. I am at peace with the whole thing. Thanks for all the help. JJane
Old 06-17-2011, 04:58 PM

ask Billlie Lost51
Old 06-17-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by JJane
Yes have been in connect with the seller-She did it right took it to a authorized shipper it was package well and the shipping company has agreed that it is a claim.. I just need to have a price of the decreased valve of the machine because the shipping damage or the price to have it repainted not sure I would have it repainted because it decreases the valve if it is repainted. At this point my head hurts---understand?
Originally Posted by Deborahlees
out of curiousities was the machine packed correctly....was there packing between the machine and case....between the case and box....do you have a recourse also again the seller.....so many people think they can just throw this into a box that fits and its ok.....
If the machine is damaged, it's already been devalued. Repair/restoration is not going to fix that. If I understand you right, you're probably not going to fix it anyway, just use it to sew with and love it forever...no matter the chips, etc. If you want it to look like it did, then it doesn't matter anyway, because you don't intend to sell it.

There's no way I'd ship off a machine to get an estimate on damage repair. If I can't get a ballpark figure from sending photos, then I'd find someone else.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:13 PM

I have used this gentleman many times for accessories, attachments, case repair, etc. He's a tremendous source of knowledge.

http://www.featherweight-poppy.com/

Also, Dave McCallum, who has a site online, is also a wonderful repair man.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by RAChhap
There is a couple who live in Houston Tx who specialize in
Featherweights and I'm sorry that I can't remember their name but maybe you could do a search for Sewing machine repair in Houston and find them. They were very good.
Good luck.
Fred & Barbara Switzer, live in League City,TX. Here's a link to
their website. I've bought 2 Featherweights and numerous parts from them.
http://www.suncatcher-tx.com/contact-us.htm

Sharon Weaver
Old 06-18-2011, 11:39 AM

They are the ones I was referring to, thanks for the accurate info!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:44 AM

These whites are considerably more in price than black, Bet your moneys work.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:57 AM

I belong to a featherweight group on yahoo. Go there, sign up, there are experts there that can answer your questions and send you in the right direction.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 AM

If I understand you correctly, you filed a claim, will be reimbursed for the damage, and you still get to keep the machine???
I know you said it was with a shipping company and they may be different, but when you file with the USPS and the claim is finally accepted, you loose your merchandise forever. They confiscate it so to speak and you never see it again.
I would send the machine back to the shipper if possible, get a full refund, and find another machine.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 AM

Hi - There is a husband and wife who only deal with Feather Weight - they are always in Paducah and are the nicest people. Go on line to Jeanslyle.com They are located in Quincy IL, phone number 1-217-222-8910. Jean and Bill are always helpful and may be able to give you some options. You may have already solved your problem, if not, call they - they have been in business a very long time and their booth is always a stop for me in Paducah. Although, I am going to sell my Feather Weight - I just don't use it - good luck in your problem.
Linda in IL