Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby?? >

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

How is the fabric at Hobby Lobby??

Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 AM

I have always gotten very good fabric there. It ranks right up there with LQS but you have to feel it just like you would anywhere.

Angie
Old 06-21-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Old hen
Yes, HL offers a 30% off fabrics, (daily price), but that keeps you from using their 40-50% off coupons, because it's a sale item. Selection in our local store is good, but not if you're trying to do a quilt with any particular line of fabric. Ours has lots of seasonal prints which I find to be of pretty good quality. Same as any other place, some good fabric, some not so much!
Our HL will let you take the best discount. If it is 30% off and you have a 40% coupon. They let you use the coupon.
Angie
Old 06-21-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by suekenyon
I like the fabric at Hobby Lobby...I wish they had a
bigger selection.
I agree. The store is clean, and not just packed solid with odds and ends to fill the space. You don't feel like your packed into the aisles with the fabric. Can you tell I don't like small spaces? LOL
Old 06-21-2011, 05:33 AM

I personally am very happy with it! I found that most of the fabrics are better than those at our local Hancock Fabrics. I wait until they have the 40 or 50% off coupons and then go get 3-5 yards of a fabric I 'need' to add to my ever-growing stash. I have purchased Legacy Studios from Joann's, and in my opinion Hobby Lobby fabric compares to that.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 AM

i love the fabric from hobby lobby, and have never had a problem!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 AM

I like Hobby Lobby fabric better than Hancock's or JoAnn's. But be sure to feel it but I have not had any problems with their fabric.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:44 AM

I've shopped at our Hobby Lobby and, like anywhere else, there's good and bad fabric. It can get a little pricey and sometimes there isn't a lot of variety - or at least not in what I'm looking for, but I can generally find something that works with what I've got going on. I have found great buys on twill, denim and other such fabrics. There's a decent selection of drapery and upholstery fabric but I don't use much of that. The fleece selection is generally decent. I guess it all depends on the store, I know the one here in town carries more than one in the next town and the one in my Mom's hometown carries more than here. I like Hobby Lobby for a lot of things they carry, not just fabric.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 AM

I have bought a lot of there fabrics for different projects and I find it to be in good quality. I just wish that they carried more than they have. When our store first opened they had a lot more to choose from.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:45 AM
nab

I have gotten some wonderful fabric at Hobby Lobby.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 AM

Our local Hobby Lobby is decent with fabric. It has good variety of types of fabrics, calicos, fleece, decorator bolts, seasonal, kids, religious (judeo-christian) and ours has a large section on ribbons, comparable to our Joann's. What i am disappointed in is the notions. They are poopy on notions. One brand, one size, black and white. Thread section is not really great. But I have had good luck with the fabrics.
I am lucky, Peoria has one, and Bloomington has one. I live between them both so I can check out. And it is like a Walmart in that each store has its own emphasis. If the manager is a sewer and quilter you have a fair choice, if they are crafters then that is their biggest section.