Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I did it :) The Rose 2009 Raffle Quilt for HD :) :) :) >

I did it :) The Rose 2009 Raffle Quilt for HD :) :) :)

I did it :) The Rose 2009 Raffle Quilt for HD :) :) :)

Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 PM

Beautiful beautiful Quilt I just love it.
Kasapa
Old 04-27-2009, 04:06 PM

What a stunning quilt!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Oh dear, yesterday i spent the day making up my blog page, and i kept reading all of your sweet posts as they came in, you guys had me in tears and smiling at the same time, got myself so over-excited that i had to take a happy pill! lol lol cus i had to calm down :) And Cathy and Terri, you two are too funny, Cathy says she has to buy one more ticket than you!!! LOL Just to beat you lol :) I feel like all of you are already part-owners of this quilt lol, cus you all helped me out so much from beginning to end :) and boy am i glad the end is done LOL. Well, the end isnt quite done lol, but for now it is. I'm going to make some lap quilts for hd patients too, but first i want to finish some projects i've had on the go and wanted to finish.

Beachlady, you asked about writing cheques in Canadian funds, and i wasnt sure lol, so now i understand it, and so this is what i came up with, and so i re-wrote it like this on my blog :)

If you live outside of Canada, please write Canadian Funds on your cheque. To do this, you just write Canadian Funds beside your dollar amount. How does this work? For instance, the Canadian Dollar is only worth about $.80 US right now. So if you are from the US, a cheque for $5.00, with Canadian Funds written on it, will give us $5.00 Canadian, but you will only have approx $4.00 taken out of your account. So by writing Canadian Funds on your cheque, it converts your money to the Canadian equivalent.

Awe, and thanks so much for asking everyone, you guys are the best!

http://www.myhdquilts.wordpress.com
Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Barb, I loves your very first block you did and now the finished quilt is too gorgeous for words. Great job and I know that your clinic will appreciate you forever.

You said you wanted to do one each year.... how about if (only a suggestion) board members made a block or two for you and then you could put them together - a sampler type quilt? You could pick the colors, the block patterns etc and we could help. Might even get more than one quilt in the process. Just a thought........

I also would love to purchase a ticket or four.
Oh that's so very sweet of you! I would love for you all to be part of this, but you guys were already so much a part of it, helping me with layouts, encouraging me, saying come on barb, pictures! lol lol But i think, i have made the raffle quilt made by someone with hd, and each year, my quilts will either get better or worse, as a reflection of how my hd is doing, and i actually want that to be seen in the quilt, do you know what i mean, that someone with hd made it, but not out of pride, but as a gesture of what someone with hd can do, do you see what i mean? But you know what, the year that i'm not well enough to do it, i would sure love to call on my quilting friends to help me. But thank you so much :)

http://www.myhdquilts.wordpress.com
Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Barb M
i have made the raffle quilt made by someone with hd, and each year, my quilts will either get better or worse, as a reflection of how my hd is doing, and i actually want that to be seen in the quilt, do you know what i mean, that someone with hd made it, but not out of pride, but as a gesture of what someone with hd can do, do you see what i mean? But you know what, the year that i'm not well enough to do it, i would sure love to call on my quilting friends to help me. But thank you so much :)
That is the best point of all! So many people think their lives are over starting with the diagnosis. Barb, you are not only showing us, but the whole HD community that you are an amazingly talented woman, who still exhibits the creativity and talent that went into this quilt. I think it's a great teaching example to those recently diagnosed that they will still be able to do a lot of things for lots of time yet. Not only a big thumbs up to you, but a hug dear friend. You'll be an example of a patient just keeping going.

I love the idea of making lap robes for HD patients, here in town. I don't know if there's an HD clinic, but there might be a group here I can find. I would love to donate some quilts!

Melissa
Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 PM

Awe, thank so much Melissa, and for the hugs too :) Oh i'm sure you can do it Melissa! :) I bet if you go to the hd forum and ask, someone will know where the hd centre of excellence is in your state. What i'm planning on doing is making lap quilts, and taking them into ubc for the hd social worker to give to people, she will know best you would like and need one the most. Or if there isnt a centre of excellence near you, i bet there is a local hd support group. Love you my friend (((hugs)))
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 AM

This is beautiful, good luck on your fund raiser, I am sure that you will do great with this. My husband loves roses. I should make him one of these. Thx for sharing.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:29 AM

Barb, your quilt is gorgeous!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:54 AM

That is so beautiful... Job well done.... I am new at quilting and know nothing but am eager to learn.... I have a disease called RSD (Reflex sympathetic Dystrophy) What is that disease you are talking about may I ask..
Beautiful quilt.. have you ever taken lessons
Anita
[email protected]
Old 04-29-2009, 10:57 AM

That is a really beautiful quilt love your colors. Be proud be very proud!!