Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ... >

If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ...

If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ...

Old 04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I'm very happy with my Bernina 640E.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

Here is the rule craftsmen follow. Find the tool with the features you are looking for and the price you can afford then buy the next upgrade of that.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM

6600 P; I have one and you will LOVE IT!!! GiGi
Old 04-28-2009, 04:38 PM

I have a Pfaff 2038. LOVE it. I haven't had any trouble going over bulky seams. I'm trying to learn to free motion with it, there's definately a learning curve..all mine, the machine knows how :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you need to get what works best for you. I probably have things on this machine I'll never use, other things I don't even know I have :shock: But my LQS provides them for classes, she's also a dealer, took no time to get hooked!!! After the 30 year old basic singer I've been sewing on, I feel like I have the bestest machine on earth :lol: :lol: :lol: Have fun deciding, and YES, you deserve it!!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:25 AM

I just purchased a Brother QC1000 ($1700.00) and it is great. Has lots of nice features including 3 methods of stopping and starting stitching, and a nice sized add on flat bed feature. It also has 4 thread holders and the bobbin can be refilled without undoing your sewing thread. It also has many of the attachments that other machines don't offer included. However, this machine is heavy so not good for transporting. For this I have a Brother BC1000. This a very nice machine for taking to retreats, meetings, etc. and is under $200. It has 60 decorative stitches and is a real little workhorse. The small machine is the one that convinced me that the Brother machines are just as good and reliable as much more expensive ones and have a lot to offer in features, etc. Why not check the QC1000 out before making a purchase? The QC1000 must be purchased through a Brother approved dealer; however, I bought the BC1000 at Targets. Hope this info helps you out with another option.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:00 AM

Whatever you choose, do a test drive or two to be sure. Also consider the distace you would have to travel to bring it for repairs and tuneups.
Good Luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 AM

Does DH have hobbies or sports he plays? Does DH buy tools, golf clubs etc? A nww machine is an investment, not a luxery.

I started making a price list everytime I made something. At the end of the year, it showed how much money I saved. Never had another complaint.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 AM

this is my first post, but yesterday i called janome usa and thy said they also made All kenmore machines for sears to there same standard. they are alot less money without the janmome name on them, look also on ebay thery're alot of new machines from dealers on there also. Good luck enjoy your baby they grow up fast!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Does DH have hobbies or sports he plays? Does DH buy tools, golf clubs etc? A nww machine is an investment, not a luxery.

I started making a price list everytime I made something. At the end of the year, it showed how much money I saved. Never had another complaint.
We did get a very expensive new TV (for him), but we also got a new entertainment center (for me, because I hated our old furniture), so I've had no luck using that as leverage :) And it doesn't help that I work in the newspaper industry, so my job security isn't fabulous right now.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by bettybug
this is my first post, but yesterday i called janome usa and thy said they also made All kenmore machines for sears to there same standard. they are alot less money without the janmome name on them, look also on ebay thery're alot of new machines from dealers on there also. Good luck enjoy your baby they grow up fast!
Thank you!