Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
YOUR quilting "style" >

YOUR quilting "style"

YOUR quilting "style"

Old 06-23-2011, 05:09 AM

I like to try different things. I don't do anything larger than about 60" square because of my shot attention span. I make a lot of "hugs" for family members. I've made several rag quilts, two bargello hearts, done some paper piecing, and some landscape, some self portraits and greeting cards and postcards, etc. I like bright colors ad novelties and florals best. You can see my quilts at
http://community.webshots.com/album/37015880vszRXO
Old 06-23-2011, 05:18 AM

Style?? We're supposed to have style???? This could be my problem....my kids tell me I have no style - LOL. I'd have to say I'm 'old fashioned' - is that traditional?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 AM

Paper piecing, art quilting, applique etc. I design my own patterns mostly on EQ7 or modify an existing pattern. Or, I dye a bunch of cotton and let the colors inspire me to make a pattern.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

I still jump around although I think that I'm drawn to a mix of traditional blocks with applique overlays. I am always drawn to applique quilt of any kind...gorgeous Baltimore type to whimsical funny quilts...Dark, deep rich colors always catch my eye also.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Banned

I used to look forward to the challenge of a new pattern then I started teaching and started working on easier ones that they could learn. I just mentioned to my daughter this week that I was becoming a lazy quilters and just doing easy patterns to get them done and wasn't happy with that. I miss the joy of taking a difficult pattern and seeing it finished. I'm looking forward to starting a twisted bargello.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:24 AM

I'm more traditional and Civil War material person. Like the 30's fabric and anything old looking. I'm starting a dresden plate, doing Patriots & Petticoats also a scrappy with civil war scraps. I do make other type of quilts but am drawn to the traditional. Sometimes a person has to get out of the box & try new things.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 AM

My style changes every so often. I liked traditional patterns and enjoyed making sampler quilts. Now I'm pedal to the metal making charity quilts - rather simple and using up my scraps. Who knows what the next style will be for me!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 AM

I do them all...I gravitate toward art modern applique but the number of pieces out the time it takes has no bearing
Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 AM

I've become like you. Since the accident, though I still havve the mental ability to quilt (thank GOD!) eveything I do is slower. Slowing down in everything has forced me to appreciate time, and where others might, in my situation, go for the quicker patterns, there's something in me that relishes the detail. I'm even leaning towards applique now
Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 AM
nab

I too like traditional. I am working on a flatbread, which you only have to look at a picture and you can make a pattern. It is not challenging enough for me to make too many of them. I think these are great quilts to start with. They are quick and a beginner will able to complete them before they get discouraged and quit.