cat for free because .....

Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 AM

We love our cats even if they do naughty things! I would use a product called "Unbelievable" found at a janitorial supply store (google might produce other outlets). I use it on carpet, laundry, anything fabric ... it removes EVERYTHING and does not leave a stain (test first to be sure it is color safe) ... even removes dried blood, lipstick, crayon and ink!! Have a Maine Coon (20 lbs, long hair) who produces many hairballs and this takes care of the problem EVERY time. Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned

Used to work for a vet and have used this trick many times. Use a SOFT toothbrush and a very small amount of dawn dish soap and water. It will rinse out on most items.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM

My dog would do that too. Constantly cleaning the carpet. I decided NO dye in the food. It was not easy but you can find it. There is no reason for the dye except to please the eye of the pet owner. Dogs can't see color anyway. I don't know about cats. I have also found that Oxi-Clean MAX FORCE spray has taken out many set in stains for me. Make sure it is the Max Force. Good Luck
Old 06-23-2011, 07:26 AM

Oxymagic gets stains out of my carpet when my dogs eat too much grass and barf on it.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 AM

I have really good luck getting pet food stains out by soaking in dishwasher soap...... med. warm water, and don't scrub, rub, or twist, just let soak.I would just ry one for a test tho.....jacie
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM

I had a cat throw up on some quilt blocks - hand pieced mariners compasses. I rinsed them carefully in cold water, and no one ever noticed any stains. It turns out my poor kitty girl was very sick with a tumor on her spleen, so forgiving her was very easy. :(

If there are noticeable stains, maybe you could tea dye the quilt when it's finished.

Janet
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM

Good luck to you. I know this was disheartening.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM

I'm sorry ladies, and I'm sure I just lost a lot of friends, but I am not a cat lover. I was an insurance agent and I went into many homes where there cats and it was not a very good experience and these were nice homes.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by redpurselady
How about putting it all together and treating the stains and washing the whole quilt after it is completed?

I know what you mean about cats. We have Abby who we love, but she barfs a lot. Can't keep the carpet clean. We've tried putting her on special food, elevating her food bowl, etc. but she barfs at least twice a week and it isn't because of hairballs. We just put up with it and try to clean up as best we can. It does get a little frustrating when you have your carpets professionally cleaned and a few days later, there are barf stains.
One of our cats had that sort of problem. Vet recommended we break banana chips in small pieces and put on her food. She liked them and it worked. We haven't had another cat that would even try them!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM

I have the best luckwith Oxy Clean. It works miracles for me! My family calls me the master stain remover.

LindaKayCat