Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing a mess!!!!!! >

sewing a mess!!!!!!

sewing a mess!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Power Poster

Clean sewing room? Is that an oxy-moron?
Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by hevemi
My son walked in once when I was REALLY busy with a scrap quilt. I sort of mentioned the mess and cleaning up later, for next Christmas, maybe . He recommended dynamite with a little of TNT. I threw him out, not to mess with my strings..
lol
Old 06-23-2011, 02:35 PM

I'm with all the others....if there's a better way, we all need some help.

I start a new project with a nice, neat area. Within an hour, it looks like a tornado struck. It usually stays that way until the project is done. Then I clean up and start over. You should see it when I have several projects going at one time....YIKES!!!

Also, my cutting room is my son's bedroom so when he's home from college, I HAVE to clean it up so he can find his bed. :-)

Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:45 PM

My sewing room is the same way. I also make a huge mess in the kitchen when I cook! I'm kind of famous for that in my family. :) For a big meal it seems like I use every bowl and every pan and most of the silverware.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM

I keep several plastic boxes at hand when I'm quilting: one for stuff I will need, one for tools,one for stuff in progress ( the block i'm working on, pieces that have been cut) one for stuff I'm done with (i.e., fabric Ive already cut out), one for completed stuff (a block that's finished), the trash can is near at hand as well. Nevertheless, my area is still a disaster! And totally, my kitchen is a mess when I cook.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:22 PM

I pick up after I sew and always leave the room neat. There are things sitting around, but neatly. I always hang my finished blocks on a skirt or pants hanger and hang it on the handle of the armoire. It makes sewing the next time easier. I know I am obsessed but I hate messy.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 PM

You're not messy. You're just a person who visually organizes everything in front of her. It's called virtual organization.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM

sorry charlie,join the club, but it is so much fun.quilting is cheaper then booze,drugs or a shrink, time to enjoy your art of quilting
Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by zenabe
Hi, I straighten my sewing room almost every time I use it. As soon as I start my project(s), it seems to look like a tornado hit it. I can't seem to keep it straighten up. Any suggestions? Or do I just live with it and this is the way it goes. How do I stay organized?
When I'm working on a project the sewing room looks like a bomb went off. Piles here, bobbins and thread there, scissors around, seam ripper over there, scraps of paper with notes. The CD case and discs about or DVD case left somewhere. Threads all over the rug and table tops. This mess eventually gets out of hand and then I have to regroup, get more order, get tools together, get out the lint roller, run the mini vac. Eventually, it looks like chaos again, yet, somehow I know where everything is. I'm as happy as a clam with this routine :-D
Old 06-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
The dust bunnies have taken over, the dust is thick ( I save this for the garden-free soil), the kitchen is clean - that is where I entertain, soooo why worry about the rest of the house. he he
My Dust Bunnies all have names they've been here so long

:D