cat for free because .....

Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by kashu
My dog would do that too. Constantly cleaning the carpet. I decided NO dye in the food. It was not easy but you can find it. There is no reason for the dye except to please the eye of the pet owner. Dogs can't see color anyway. I don't know about cats. I have also found that Oxi-Clean MAX FORCE spray has taken out many set in stains for me. Make sure it is the Max Force. Good Luck
NO DYE is the real cure - not for your block but for the future! Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance food has made sure my new carpet won't GET any stains if an accident happens =^..^=
Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM

The dye in the food really annoys the heck out of me! What are the manufacturers thinking?! I'm sure my cats would not care if their food was purple with yellow stripes. Everyone who has ever had a cat knows about their hair-trigger gag reflexes. If it wasn't on the quilt blocks, it might have landed on carpet or upholstery, which could have been even harder to fix, if that's any consolation. Sorry you're having to cope with this.

One thing you could try before giving up and redoing them is soaking one in hydrogen peroxide. If it's an organic dye, that might work. It also might bleach your fabric, so don't go all out until you know.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:41 PM

The dyes that catfoods are colored with, strictly to appeal to the human purchasers, are the very reason I've switched away from the multi-colored catfoods to the plain, uncolored ones. Better for the cats, too, since many of them have trouble gastrically processing those dye chemicals, even though they're "just food coloring".
(....Not being judgmental -- just saying....)
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM

What about using the Retro-Clean someone mentioned for yellowed fabrics?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Resolve carpet cleaner works great!!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:12 PM

For those of you who have cats that barf alot, I have one too. For years I tried all kinds of food and it didn't help her and finally found one that has minimized her barfing to once a week or less. It's called California naturals Herring and Sweet potato. It is a very bland food. She cannot have a lot of protein, too rich. She is better now and even gained some weight.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
The dyes that catfoods are colored with, strictly to appeal to the human purchasers, are the very reason I've switched away from the multi-colored catfoods to the plain, uncolored ones. Better for the cats, too, since many of them have trouble gastrically processing those dye chemicals, even though they're "just food coloring".
(....Not being judgmental -- just saying....)
Me too, and if you complain to the companies, you should hear the wildest comments. Cleaning red, especially, out of carpet is not fun.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Now I understand that my Brownie and I aren't alone, it happens in the best run families. I, too, need my carpets cleaned again or even new carpeting but still have the cat so am between a rock and a hard place. If you love your pets you accept the darker side of life. That's my solution but I see some good helpful solutions. Best of Luck, justme
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM

My angel was sitting on top of my treadle and threw up. Took the finish completely off to the bare wood. NICE! Still love him though so he's forgiven.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:39 PM

soak them in ox-clean