Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Computerized Featherweight >

Computerized Featherweight

Computerized Featherweight

Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM

I have one also - you'll enjoy it. Light weight is the way to go for me as I have had many back surgeries, and have a weight limit.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by clsurz
Originally Posted by lue
Does it embroider? I'm looking for a light weight machine (I have a bulging disc and have been ordered to lift no more than 10 pounds) that sews AND embroiders for under $400. Any suggestions?
This machine is 17 lbs. It's not a mini machine and only 1/3 smaller in size than a regular sewing machine.

There is an embroidery foot for it but from what I read in the manual it is free motion embroidery and does not have a hoop like regular embroidery machines.
Am going to be anxious to hear from you after a couple days of sewing on the machine....I may have to break down and get one also....
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM

This machine is a dream come true for me especially being a new sewer let alone a new quilter.

It is intiuitive for sure. If something goes wrong the machine stops itself and all you do is push a the start button and it goes again.

If you use different fabric types the machine knows it and adjust the speed for that particular piece preventing a problem with the machine and goes right back to the other fabric.

If something goes wrong with the bobbin it stops the machine and you can check it out. If the needle isn't in the right position or was and for whatever reason moves it stops the machine for you to check it out.

If you have thickness say on your seams it adjusts itself to pass over it without causing a problem.

All I can say is this is the best $239 I've ever spent and I buy all sorts of electronic and computerized toys. Really got more than my money's worth with this for sure.

For those of you thinking about getting it buy it from JoAnn's. It is the same exact bundle HSN and all other retailers are offering it for $400 plus. JoAnn's has it right now for $239.00 and for an extra $20 you can buy the tote bag to go with it. HSN wants $39 for the Bag.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Carol, I'm so happy for you!!! I'm a machine nut and was really curious when you mentioned it.
If you want a noisy machine that would be my Kenmore 1040. I sewed on it for 25 years and didn't know they didn't all sound like that HA
My Dad bought it for me and it served me well. I could never part with it. It still runs but I've retired it :D:D
Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 PM

I am getting really tempted to buy one of these, like I need another machine.. LOL
Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 PM

I too am intrigued by this machine. Hmmmm, and it's affordable.
I would love to test drive one.
Thanks for sharing your new machine.
Lori
Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 PM

What the heck!!! As long as it works for you, why should I care what kind of machine you have or want!! Enjoy it!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Val in IN
I have a 1949 Featherweight, a Brother, a 1962 Singer Touch and Sew, a computerized EuroPro, and a serger. I don't see why I wouldn't like this little Singer too. Looks like it might be a really nice little machine. I think sometimes we might get a little narrow minded about things. We're all different with different tastes and needs.
I have a 1962 Singer Golden Touch and Sew and love it. I still use it for allmy blind hem sewing. I know my other machines can do it but I am positive my golden touch and sew can do it perfectly. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-24-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by mile hi quilter
I am getting really tempted to buy one of these, like I need another machine.. LOL
Like that is the point of need......
it should only be what we WANT to have.....
kinda like window shopping.....
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mile hi quilter

You know you do need another machine.

I'm the same way with die cutting machines. Everytime a new model comes out I have to have another. :-)