Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Need to Vent!!!!!! >

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 AM

On most IBM/Microsoft computers, if you right click on the file you want to install, a box opens...left click on Properties...and then Compatibility...choose an older version of the software in the RUN AS box...This will let you emulate the older system.
Marge

Originally Posted by lovelyl
OK, I know there is no solution to this, but I just need to vent. When I purchased my embroidery machine ( in fairness, I will tell the brand) I also "bit the bullet" and purchased the software that would allow me to design my own embroidery. I didn't feel I could afford the upgrades (two since I purchased) so I continued using the old software which was fine for my purposes. Last month, my computer crashed and I had to replace it. My embroidery software would not work on my new computer, so I just called the company to see what the problem was. I was informed that the company was no longer supporting the old version and it would not work on my new computer operating system. When I asked about an upgrade, they said there was none, I would just have to purchase the new version, no cut in cost what so ever. The new version is WAY too expensive for me now. I feel like I am being punished because my computer crashed!!!! There, I feel better after venting. I guess. I still don't have any software for my embroidery machine. Bummer. Thanks for listening! :-(
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

I'm wondering what the software is that you are referring to as the software I have for my embroidery machine is also out-dated. However, if it is the same as what I have, I'd be willing to attempt to copy it onto a CD for you. What is the name of the software?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM

My husband is a computer anyalist and complains about thelock they have on software I dont have any and he tried to make a program for me and couldnt. All I have is an antique Magic Box. Which he some how transfered into my computer and by a miracle that works but I really need something better ,but I need other things more.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM

I have been looking at buying an embroidery module for my Bernina Artista 635. I really appreciate your post; it will help me make sure to ask the right questions about the software.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:00 PM

try for information on Awesome. Its the cleaningeststuff I've ever found. cleaned old stains out of my quilt that had been washed and dried lots of times.
www.lasttotallyawesome.com
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941
Carron... that is a good idea about getting a older computer and using it just for your software. I'm thinking of keeping my old computer and just getting a lap top for my emails and such.

My computer is so slow ..so I really need one...

you might try going to the high schools by you and ask if they are going to get any new computers and see if they will sell you one of the old ones.. Good luck ...
If you clear out the Internet bookmarks and "cookies" your machine may run faster. Check out Tools on your toolbar, and use the delete features.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:10 PM

A lot of the computer repair stores sell reconditioned towers, I wanted to stay with XP so bought an updated version for a real good price. Try calling around and see.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:09 AM

I ran into this same problem not wanting to spend the money for an upgrade after spending that huge amount for the software in the first place. So, I went to a local used laptop shop and bought a laptop using windows xp and loaded my "old" software on that. I have both Bernina and Viking software and BOTH were telling me I needed to buy new software for windows 7. I would, of course, prefer using my Mac, but I will just put all machine software on the windows xp machine.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:19 AM

I also had the exact same thing happen with a computer crash....new software like $800.....ended up purchasing a nice used IBM thinkpad laptop on Ebay for like less than a hundred, and then only loaded my embroidery software and designs on it....has worked well now for a couple years....
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM

It's not just Bernina Ladies. The last time I bought a computer I made sure that it would support my embroidery program. You can't get a computer with it now. A computer store might have the operating program you need. they'd have to replace the system your computer came with. But it would work.