Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 PM

Well, I've actually learned a thing or two by reading all the way up to here. I knew that I could filter out so only forums that interested me would show up automatically, but I've never used the "Unread Topics" link. I always use "Recent Topics", which actually does a pretty good job of making me feel like I'm keeping up with what's going on around here. Although I need to spend too much time in front of a computer, every so often I like to "steal away", sneak in here and have a quick peek at what's going on. That's where recent topics comes in handy for me.
I do agree, though, that vague topic lines are usually passed by.
Overall, I've learned TONS here, and this is the place that has given me the shift in thinking. When I first came here, I was a "quilt beginner - someone who had tried making a quilt". Today, I'M A QUILTER. Thanks, QB.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 PM

I love this forum. I love the people I have "met" here. 98% of what I know about quilting I learned here. If the topic isn't interesting to me, I ignore it. Our moderators and admin do a great job! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by shellyp
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
human beans. what'cha gonna do wit' 'em? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soylent Green. ;-)
Haha...best post on the whole thread! :) :) :)

Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!
For some reason, I want to go watch Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes now. :D

But to the topic, I click on what looks interesting to me, and avoid most of the chatter threads. But I like pretty much anything creative, whether it's quilting related or not. I like seeing what people can do with raw materials to turn it into something beautiful.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 PM

Thanks for sharing your views. We should each be allowed that privilege as long as we are not offending any individual or being unkind.

I do need to keep my comments more relevent to the topic at hand - thanks for the reminder.

I scan the notes listed, and if it is something I'm not interested in, I skip that note. I also avoid the ambiguous titles - if I cannot tell what the message is about, I pass & move to another one - I don't have time for guessing games as I peruse the board. When a member titles a note "help", I goofed" or "what should I do", I am more apt to move on than if I see, "suggestions on how to finish this border" or "Is the Babylock Quilter's Choice worth the high price?"

Thank you again - no more rambling by me - good bye for now!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Sometimes I have time to read the other posts other than quilting and sometimes I don't. I'm not interested in alot of it but I'm not offended in any way. I look to this board for friendship and encouragement ~ inspiration and sometimes I need someone to pat me on the back when I'm proud of what I've done. None of my friends "get" what I do but everyone here does. I am so happy to have found this place. Thank you all for making it what it is and for being my teachers my entertainment my sounding board at times and my fan club when I need it. =)

I look at quilting as a very emotional craft..you get all parts of that when you deal with us quilters. My hub is just now understanding what strings attached really means. Poor guy!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:45 AM

Sewing machines are what we use, so I don't mind people posting about them. Tote bags are what quilters make with scraps, so ditto. What's the prob? I just don't read or look at anything I don't think I'm interested in. And some days I don't have time to read anything, so I skip it entirely. Just make sure you have really included the subject in your subject line, and we can all be happy.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:46 AM

I enjoy the variety and my vote is "keep it coming". If I open a post that isn't in my interests, it only takes a split second to close it and go on to the next.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 AM

I don't always have time or inclination to read everything,but think it would be a shame not to remain diverse.I enjoy a site that caters for everyone and doesn't become exclusive.I have been educated as far as the older machines, as we don't get all of the brands over here because of the smaller market.Our thrift shops are not allowed to sell the sewing machines, so we certainly don't see a lot of that sort of thing unless an electrician has checked it etc. and it has really taken my interest in an area that I would not have been introduced to in another way.
I also enjoy seeing the table toppers and runner trends that seem to be more popular in the States than they are here.So I regard it as a cultural education as well.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 AM

I speak as a relatively new participant, but that aside, I find this board to be an absolute slice of heaven for me. I left all my friends behind and moved across the country. I am getting up there in years and cannot just go out and find a new bunch of friends. Here, I have friends I'll never see, but can hear from. I have a reference library for so many things I might have questions about, there is always someone to reply and give me answers. I can come here and read what I want or ignore that which has no interest for me. I can do a search and immediately, there are threads that pertain to just what I want to know. I am sorry that this board has grown so much that you no longer feel at home but it has given me new life and for that, I am so greatful.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:04 AM

Many of the other items you talk about seeing other than
quilts do have quilting in them. But you opinion is valued
and you should not be banned.

***Moderator's Note: it has already been clearly confirmed that this topic is not of the type that gets anybody banned. :lol: ***