Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 03:16 PM

I'm coming in late on this topic, but for a very good reason. Today I met face to face with some sewers I have talked to on this board. I would not have had the fun day today if I had without joining this board. While I agree that there are some errant postings, by and large I have enjoyed the camaraderie and support I have received from this site.
I pick and choose what I want to read due to time. I have been suprised of myself for some of the topics that I did enjoy after I read the post that I had initially thought that I would dislike. I enjoy the variety. Sometimes I read the author's comments and maybe the first page, and decide that I do not need to give anymore to that topic, so I move on. Some topics I don't open at all.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

No need to apologize for misplaced topics- I have even had topics moved :oops: LOL Some topics can go in a couple different places so it is not always cut and dry :wink:
Old 06-25-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue
I'm coming in late on this topic, but for a very good reason. Today I met face to face with some sewers I have talked to on this board. I would not have had the fun day today if I had without joining this board. While I agree that there are some errant postings, by and large I have enjoyed the camaraderie and support I have received from this site.
I pick and choose what I want to read due to time. I have been suprised of myself for some of the topics that I did enjoy after I read the post that I had initially thought that I would dislike. I enjoy the variety. Sometimes I read the author's comments and maybe the first page, and decide that I do not need to give anymore to that topic, so I move on. Some topics I don't open at all.
Oh Barbara Sue, when I started reading you post, I thought your sewer system had back up and I felt so bad! So glad that you met with human sewers and had a great time! This English language is not easy, is it?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:43 PM

For what it is worth - I too enjoy the variety and the ability to pick and choose what I do or do not read - just like I decided which ones to comment on and which ones to just close and go on.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
Can I have 2 or 3 cherries ?
You can have FOUR!!!!!!! :lol:
Old 06-25-2011, 05:02 PM

I like the variety & if I don't like a subject I don't click on it. Sometimes it would be nice to have more categories but I love the board so I just ignore what doesn't interest me.
You won't be banned - everyone has an opinion and I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel like you do. Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by Charlee
ok. another reminder.

let's not fall into the trap of criticizing in a way that others might have reason to take personally. we had been doing very well at sharing our thoughts without being unkind.

let's go back to that, please, so this conversation can go along on a natural course. it would be such a pleasure to NOT have to lock or delete it.

pwiddy pweeze wif sugar on top.
And a cherry? :)
My girls - points to avatar, would love to add WHIPPED CREAM!
a cherry - check
whipped cream - check
add hot fudge and walnuts - check

anybody got a spare nanner to toss on?
Sorry, just ate the last one. Boy was it good. LOL
Old 06-25-2011, 05:33 PM

If we all thought the same way..man would life be a bore. I for one can not sew a bow tuck (I really wish I could because I really want one)so I dream when I see them, I am not into the vintage machines..but I am glad when someone posts pictures or information about one they just bought..because that means..they are HAPPY..and thats how I wish we all could be..is HAPPY all the time. I just want to be happy with them.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM

As a relatively new member, I agree with many of the posts. First, people should make their titles known to the readers. Second, I sincerely enjoy many of the discussions. Third, I do feel that maybe there shold be some other titles added to the topics.
Even though I am an animal lover, I do not particularly need to see all the pictures of everyones pets; I would much rather see pictures of babies. Also, I am more interested in learning about the new quilt patterns and methods of doing them but know that it is important to learn from the past.
Variety is the spice of life and it should be practiced here to within the limits of the topics at hand.
To the keepers of the wonderful board, thank you for your wonderful work!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Agree. Maybe a section on here for other hobbies would be appropiate.