Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 05:37 PM

As a relatively new member, I agree with many of the posts. First, people should make their titles known to the readers. Second, I sincerely enjoy many of the discussions. Third, I do feel that maybe there should be some other titles added to the topics.
Even though I am an animal lover, I do not particularly need to see all the pictures of everyones pets; I would much rather see pictures of babies! Also, I am more interested in learning about the new quilt patterns and methods of doing them but know that it is important to learn from the past.
Variety is the spice of life and it should be practiced here to within the limits of the topics at hand.
To the keepers of the wonderful board, thank you for your wonderful work!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 PM

I am glad for the verity of subjects on the board. I have learned lots of things I wouldn't have otherwise. I can tell by the title of the post if I am interested in that subject, and I just bypass those posts. I really hope the board stays as it is. we all have fingers that can bypass something we are not interested in.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:49 PM

This was an interesting thread. I have to echo everyone else and say that in my opinion, this is the best site on the entire internet. I spend more time here than on anything I have found since I joined the 'net back in 2000. I think the advertisers are wonderful. I hope they can be told in some way, how much we all appreciate having this board. This discussion has perhaps opened some eyes as to proper posting and also taught us again, to remember to be kind. Hugs to you all with all your various tastes and talents and a double banana split to PatriceJ!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:52 PM

All the post is why the board is so popular! Makes it's what it is today! Maybe some of us come outside of our box from time to time just by reading some of the post we wouldn't normally read. I read what I want and skip the rest. Pretty easy and simple!
Old 06-25-2011, 05:53 PM

I think of QB as a quilting bee and I love ALL the posts. When quilters sit at the frame and stitch, you may be sure the conversation is not all about quilting and that topics change with the flash of a darting needle. I stick to Main for quilt info and hit other subjects late at night or for a pleasant change of pace. I wish I had the time to read everything. :)
Old 06-25-2011, 05:55 PM

I think itnis nice to hear a little about a quilter's "life" and background. Irt makes you feel a little more of a friend to that person, tto each his own, I guess. I don't always have time to comment on every beautiful quilt, but rest assured any of them are better than mine. Enough said.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:59 PM

I personally enjoy the variety. Sometimes I need a break from "traditional" quilting and enjoy making a purse or trying a new recipe. I also enjoy looking at the old sewing machines. Variety is spice of life..with that said, usually titles of subjects give you the option as to click on it or not.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:05 PM

Maybe you might want to "unsubscribe" to the sections you don't want to have pop up. For example, if you aren't interested in any of the threads for the "Recipes" category, just make sure you aren't subscribed to it. ;-) I don't subscribe to all of them -- just the ones that really interest me.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:06 PM

I love quilting and eagerly read everything I can manage to read here. I love it for the ideas, inspiration, information. But I also love the diversity of this group, the sharing of where we live, where we sew, what we see out of our window! And, for a bunch of quilters, I have gotten some fantastic recipes here... I have saved them on my computer to use again and again. Also, some of the sites that are mentioned here... I would NEVER have found them on my own. Thanks to you all!
Old 06-25-2011, 06:35 PM

I just love this board to death, IF it weren't for all the differant topics that are brought up, i.e, hot flashes, senior discounts, medicare/medicaid, bow tucks and all the quilting info I wouldn't know about this stuff and be too embarrassed to find out. The wealth of info from all the people on here is just awesome. I like reading and hearing about grand children, great grndchildren children, weddings, all the beautiful machines, young an old, how many times can you ask a question and someone from Australia answers, or Germany, the Netherlands, I am soooo very excited about that, plus the knowledge that each and everyone has is so important. I was thrilled when I found this board and although i can't read everything i do try. So for the nay sayers if there is something you don't want to read then don't. A lot of us and including me are still try to find our way around in here, thats why i dont post i am afraid i will put in the wrong place but i will join in on conversations if its something i am interested in. So i hope everything stays the same thats the way i like it.
Sorry this is so long.