Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 06:52 PM

I personally have enjoyed this site. If I come across a subject that I personally am not interested in I just click off. I really hope maybe you might try what hoppy frog suggested. I had never heard of the bow tuck tote until this board and now I have one that I made. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
If you stick to Main and Pictures you will get mostly quilting related stuff, for some it is their only social outlet thus the variety of topics, in your profile you can choose which topics you want to see. I still enjoy the camaraderie on the board and even though I do not know the people personally I do look for certain names. We are like a big family
Same here - I enjoy the friendship - - - and sometimes a topic comes up that is something I hadn't thought of asking or something that I didn't know I wanted to know more until we got into it. I also sew clothing so I don't mind the diversification. And some days I just read the titles and pick out the ones that sound like something I am interested in, I don't always read them all - but the people who are discussing the topic are having a ball hashing it out.

Marysewfun
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM

MissQuilter, you are right! I have found so many sites on here that I never dreamed were out there - nor know how to find them on my own. Love it!

Marysewfun
Old 06-25-2011, 07:12 PM

I don't read every post, just the heading and if I think it will be of interest to me, read the initial post, if that provokes interest will probably read several of the additional posts. Very few will I read them all. I do enjoy the photos and will sometimes click into a subject farther down also the for sale etc sometimes catches my eye.
There is no "law" that says you must read every post. I enjoy the variety of topics. Have gotten some really good recipes from that section.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 PM

I don't have the time to read each and every post, but I might open something that seems intersting..only to go to another.
I pick and chose........... and enjoy the challenges and accomplishments that come through with each individual's post...and I do get wonderful ideas for future quilts of my own....and maybe what to avoid.

Being able to read posts from around the world...what a blessing it is! I wouldn't change a thing. :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-25-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't have the time to read each and every post, but I might open something that seems intersting..only to go to another.
I pick and chose........... and enjoy the challenges and accomplishments that come through with each individual's post...and I do get wonderful ideas for future quilts of my own....and maybe what to avoid.

Being able to read posts from around the world...what a blessing it is! I wouldn't change a thing. :-) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM

I have been on here for about a year. I haven't the time to read every post, so I look for titles that I think I'd be interested in reading. I realize I can't catch all the information. But what I do get to read usually is interesting. I think it helps with the topics the Admin. has to divide it up to make it more likely to get around to items you want to read.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 PM

I like having all the different topics, but read the ones I think will interest me the most. I enjoy pictures and introduce yourself.I spend hours on here every night.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:40 PM

I really love the variety on this Board. I think it would be a shame to limit it in any way. You need only read what you want to, nobody forces you to read anything you don't want. Although I like looking at the pictures of quilts, and getting all the low down on quilting topics, sometimes I want something different, and find the non-quilting topics a nice change. I would never try and read every post anyway - not enough hours in the day!!! The non-quilting topics have made me laugh, some made me cry, some introduced ideas I have never thought of before. I hope nothing changes.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:45 PM

I have no interest in ever making a bow tuck purse. I do back pack purses. But I enjoy seeing what others have made.

The sewing machine threads are interesting. Recently a gal at church told me about he 50+ year old Necci (sp??) that her hubby brought back from Italy eons ago. Fist thing you know there's a thead here about the machine.

All the gadgets and where to find them and what to substitute when needing them are very informative.

AND each thread has a very clear subject line. If I don't want to read one of them, I simply skip it.

And to me, sewing is sewing-----------quilting is very nice sewing. I love to see the ideas for small gifts and pretties made from fabric.