Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question >

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

Old 06-26-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Enchanted Quilter
I LOVE to FISH but only in warm weather . Did some ice fishing in Germany Many MOONS ago Ok but I like it warm/hot . We are getting everything ready will leave tomorrow for about 10-12 days on the lake /river. Been doing this trip for many years . My Dad is 93yrs Mom 83yr will come from Albuq.NM for a week never missed a trip in over 40yrs.My brother will bring them in his motor home . Lots Lots of family & friends make this trip every year we have a blast. Lots of good food,fun,visiting,lots of fishing for catfish(or what ever is biting. Catch perch for bait for catfish lots fun. I learned to fish when I learned to quilt My Maw always sewed on the lake in summer time fish trips. Hope everyone has A Blessed & Great 4th July . see you mid July.
I don't have a FW but I believe if I was going to be on a lake for 12 days I would invest in one, but then if I could be with my Mom and Dad one more time....You are blessed! Enjoy and sew when you get home. God bless.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 PM

I love fishing, because DH goes and that frees me up to fabric shop or just be in my sewing room and not be bothered for meals etc.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:31 PM

Many, I'm sure, but they probably want to keep the two passtimes separate. That way they can claim they have two passions.
Many family members think quilters should get another hobby.
My family and friends learned years ago, it's not a good idea to suggest I should do anything else with my "spare" time. They refer to that as the time my "evil twin, Jonetta" came to visit and as soon as they quit bugging me about other interests, Johnetta left and Nana Janet came back home. LOL
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooway!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:39 PM

I feel the same way about fishing as I do about BINGO, I would rather go to the dentist.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:21 PM

I would rather do anything than fish, it seems so boring. I had rather be quilting, sewing, gardening or shopping.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 PM

I used to fish with my Dad when I was a kid and teen. But I don't fish now. I like to eat fish though, if someone catches it.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Its a toss up if the weather is nice enought to fish I'll go but otherwise I'll stay home and quilt and I love to eat fish.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
My MIL goes by “Fishin’ Grandma” to all of the Grand Kids and Great Grand Kids, and she may be happiest when sitting in her little boat out on the lake fishing as much or more than doing anything else. But, when it’s rainy or cold, she also enjoys crochet, knitting, and quilting. She’s made quilts for several of us in the family (and I don’t think any of them have fish on them), but she’s first and foremost, a “Fisherwoman”.

I’m wondering how many other lady quilters on here enjoy fishing as much as quilting?

CD in Oklahoma
I'm not a big fisherwomen but my husband Gram, that we also call "Fishing Gram" picked fishing over going to the bridal shower of her first Great Daughter. She hasn't been fishing in maybe 5 years but at 97 it's a little had getting in and out of a boat. My husband hopes to take her fishing this summer at a little park where she can fish from a dock. When my son-in-law taught my daughter to clean fish, Fishing Gram thought the the best thing she could learn. Up until a few years ago Fishing Gram could knit up a storm.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:56 PM

I love to go fishing, I was born in Mn. and had an uncle that lived on a lake. I went a few years when I was back there for a wedding, Yum I've even been ice fishing. Brrr.
Great fun.