Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 06-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Lindach-Am so proud of this board for being there for you & the lady who is close enough to help. I personally do not understand how people can do that sort of thing & like others, please don't get discouraged. If I make a quilt that size, because of the quilting limitations, I make it as a "quilt as you go" for future endeavors. I too am sorry this lady didn't do right by you and you have a kind heart by not disclosing who she is. The "but" behind this is - please don't let her do it to somebody else, because I know you wouldn't want them to be in a lurch. Please share your finished product - am anxious to see it and proud of you for hanging in there!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by quilticing
A price quote is a price quote. She needs to "bite the bullet" and finish the project!
you should not pay for an incomplete job.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
take that quilt and go right back to that person and tell them that you paid to have it finished and you expect to have it finished. If she isn't capable, then she will have to pay someone else to do it (not your problem). If she won't help you, then demand a full refund and find another LA. And be sure to tell her that you will tell every person you know what she did to you. Sometimes maintaining their "good reputation" will motivate her to take care of the problem. DO NOT let her off the hook.
I agree with you. And this new quilter should not be expected to wrestle with a big quilt like this.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:48 AM
cae

I certainly would like twice before giving her a good recommendation!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Boy, that's like getting half a dress made or half your car or house painted and paying extra How about your sewing machine half fixed. I don't get it. I'm afraid I couldn't handle the fact that she just got frustrated because she was incompitent and made you pay extra for her frustration. Wow! Bad business and just bad work ethics. I hope she reads this blog.Sorry honey
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 PM

I'm still upset.Half a hair cut. half your gaull bladder removed, half a tooth pulled ,half a tatoo, your cat half spayed ,half your dinner served at a resturant must I go on? Some stop me please!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Shame on her but she's the one who has to look in the mirror each day and see the shame for cheating a nice customer. Go to www.patsythompson.com she is a wonderful quilter and with a regular machine. Go to education in her site and you will find great free videos and pdf patterns. Go slow and easy as the turtle and you will be the winner Joanne
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM

So sorry to hear about your quilter problems. I just returned from Pa. with my quilt. My quilter is from Pa and I went there for two high school graduations. While there I had her quilt Lynn's Quilt. She quoted me a price and stuck to it . She had some problems with my quilt but she called me and made suggestions as to adjust the design and make it work. We had a label made . We went to pick it up and found out that she was not charging me for the label because the adjustment that was made used a lot of less stitching. She is on this board and I wouldn't use any one else. I trusted a stranger and came out with a true friend.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:24 PM

I guess there are unscrupulous people in every field.
So sorry you were taken advantage of.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 PM

She should not have charged you a penny for this mess she made. I can understand if you bought the batting from her, but that's it. I know this sounds daunting, but I would take out all of the stitches and start new with a new longarm quilter. I've been a longarm quilter for 7 years and have taken out stitches on many quilts during this time. If you do go this route, I would lay the quilt on a table, pop the top threads, about every 1/2" apart, and then the bobbin threads should pull out easily. Put on some music or book on tape and the time will go by.