Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
radiant sun >

radiant sun

radiant sun

Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 AM

Beautiful colors! It's so nice to see my pattern made into something fun! For those of you who asked, the pattern is called Variegated Vortex and it's my design. It has insurance built into it, if you don't make a perfect block, you can cut your blocks down because the seams do not line up...on purpose! You can get the pattern with or without acrylic templates on my website here: http://www.doodlepress.com/store.php
Scroll down a little and you will see it.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 AM

Now I see there are 9 pages to this thread! Wow! I tried to post twice because I didn't see my post the first time. For those that are scared of curves, Radiant Suns is a similar pattern, it has 5 pieces in the block instead of 4 and some people find it easier to sew than Variegated Vortex. If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]. I can answer your questions about piecing curves. I do it without pins. If you would like me to call you, provide your phone number and I will be happy to call you!
Cara Gulati
Old 06-27-2011, 06:58 AM

That is soooo neat, what is the name of that pattern?? :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by QweenBee
That is soooo neat, what is the name of that pattern?? :thumbup:
Look up at the two posts above you! The designer posted.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks Cara for posting here! I have the radiant sun also, but thought this one would be easier, less pieces. I will give radiant sun a try soon!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 AM

I agree!!!
Originally Posted by jeanequilts
Beautiful design!
:-D
Old 06-27-2011, 12:38 PM

After seeing your quilt I went and ordered Radiant Suns from Cara. She called me and emailed me to make sure I wanted the Radiant Suns and not the Variegated Vortex. When I emailed her back, she called me to discuss the differences between the two patterns and helped me choose the one that will work best for me. She is awesome to deal with and I definitely will be going back to her for other patterns!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
After seeing your quilt I went and ordered Radiant Suns from Cara. She called me and emailed me to make sure I wanted the Radiant Suns and not the Variegated Vortex. When I emailed her back, she called me to discuss the differences between the two patterns and helped me choose the one that will work best for me. She is awesome to deal with and I definitely will be going back to her for other patterns!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
So which one did you get?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SUPIEYA
Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
So which one did you get?
Radiant Suns. It has 5 pieces that make a 10" block. Variegated Vortex has 4 pieces that makes an 8" block. I tend to prefer larger blocks, and since I have never done curves in quilting, I figured bigger is better! I will post pictures as soon as I start this quilt...probably later this week because Cara thought it would take until Wednesday or Thursday for the Express Mail to get here! Thanks for asking!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Just gorgeous!!!