Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show >

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 PM

I'm not going this year but we have enjoyed it the few times we've been. Although the last time it was 104*F & we were searching for the shade to rest in. If you can, take a cooler with your own refreshments & even cool food. There's like 10,000 people in this one little town & the hwy runs right through it, so you get logging trucks etc. crawling along amongst the crowds. Have a great time, it's really an exciting time.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
I'm not going this year but we have enjoyed it the few times we've been. Although the last time it was 104*F & we were searching for the shade to rest in. If you can, take a cooler with your own refreshments & even cool food. There's like 10,000 people in this one little town & the hwy runs right through it, so you get logging trucks etc. crawling along amongst the crowds. Have a great time, it's really an exciting time.
Hot and crowded...that is for sure.. that is the reason that I have not been in quite awhile even though I live close. For that last few years, so I have been told, they have routed the trucks and traffic around the main street which helps a bunch. Estimates have run up to 12,000 in years past but it may be down with the economy the way it is.

Helpful hint....if you want to shop in the Stitchin' Post, go the day before or the day after or even several days before or after. The day of the show is so packed that you can hardly move in there. I would not want to work in that shop on that day but I do miss working the quilt show week in another Central Oregon shop. Did anyone ever go to Prairie Girls Quilt Shop in Prineville? I worked there for five years and at Hatfield's Department Store for 13 years before that (in their quilt shop department).
Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM

There is also a great quilt shop in LaPine, Oregon. Such nice people work there also. :-D
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 AM

I'm going! Last year we had a group from the board meet in the park for lunch. If anyone is interested I wouldn't mind gathering in the shade somewhere!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 AM

What is bringing you up to Kennewick? :-D

My youngest son, who works for Amazon, is in Kennewick as well as my SIL. We are going up to visit for a few days.
Kennewick is a really nice town. I've been there to visit a few times. We are really looking forward to this trip.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
What is bringing you up to Kennewick? :-D

My youngest son, who works for Amazon, is in Kennewick as well as my SIL. We are going up to visit for a few days.
Kennewick is a really nice town. I've been there to visit a few times. We are really looking forward to this trip.
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip ahead of you with your sister and family. I will wave to you from the east side of Kennewick! :-D :-D Summer sunshine and warm temperatures are finally here!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by kalena
Yes, my dd and are are going. Last year my dh and I got there late in the day, and saw some quilts. We didn't know the quilt show was even going on. This year we are spending Friday night in Lapine and getting to Sisters early. Where do you live?

Karen
If you will be coming in from La Pine, go through to Redmond, then go to Sisters. If you try to come in from the Bend side, unless you are there at the crack of dawn, traffic will be at a snails pace. Have fun. I sure wish I could go once again.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
I was going to warn everyone about the heat, too. Be sure and wear a hat, and drink lots of water! A parasol would not be a bad idea. Sisters is a beautiful little town, surrounded by mountains. We went to the show about ten years ago. Be sure and get your lodging early.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:51 AM

Hi folks, I'm planning on attending. I will be leaving early om morning from Salem and driving up for the day. My sister from TX will be visiting and is looking forward to the day. She got me going in quilting. My board name was Sparky until my sister visited me and changed my password... long story, but now I'm victorita (my sisters' name). I have entered a quilt in the show. It is the Thomas the Train quilt I made, colorful and fun. Love to see you all again. Enjoyed our meeting in the park last year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-217471.jpe
Views:	95
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	217477  
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by victorita
Hi folks, I'm planning on attending. I will be leaving early om morning from Salem and driving up for the day. My sister from TX will be visiting and is looking forward to the day. She got me going in quilting. My board name was Sparky until my sister visited me and changed my password... long story, but now I'm victorita (my sisters' name). I have entered a quilt in the show. It is the Thomas the Train quilt I made, colorful and fun. Love to see you all again. Enjoyed our meeting in the park last year.
Love your quilt! Sorry to say I won't be there but do hope you win. Your quilt makes me smile. :-D