Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer? >

What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer?

What would you like to do or experience on a vacation this summer?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

I love hearing what everyone has planned or dreamed about :D:D:D
Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 AM

I have 2 exciting things to look forward to this summer. I am bubbly over both of them.

1. We are going to take the Telemark's Canal and staying over night at the Dalen Hotel. (www.visittelemark.com + www.dalenhotel)

2. I have been "FOUND" by Norwegian cousins I didn't know I had. :thumbup: My grandparents came to America from Scandinavia but their lives were a complete mystery to me.

I rec'd a phone call Saturday 2 weeks ago from a man who asked if my name was... and if my grandparents were.... and lived at.... Everything he said was "right on." He then told me he was my 4th cousin living about 3 hours from me in Sarpsborg and that there were several more cousins who all would very much like to meet me too! We are planning to go to see them in July. Suddenly my life went from no extended family to a nice big one! A very odd feeling, to be sure. :D
Old 06-27-2011, 05:19 AM

I am going to experience the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 AM

Florida is just the perfect place for a long vacation.I went to see a beach called Siesta Key,the sand is like white powder or soft sand.I did get to see some Parasailing.That would be a fun thing to do.You might get wet but the water is like bath water.The flowers and trees are just something else just to beautiful.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

How exciting GladGrams!! Newfound family AND a wonderful vacation too :D:D:D

You will love that quilt show misscarol :D Lots to see there :D:D:D

I would LOVE to go to Florida Connie, lucky YOU... :D:D:D
Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 AM

I did the white-water rafting trip last year in Fayetteville WV and didn't like that at all. I can't swim nor do I like water to the face. Was talked into going because you are in a raft and have life jacket on. We all got dumped and thank god I surfaced next to the nurse on board. We did the tree top canopy last year and enjoyed it and this year we wanted to go higher and longer. NOW this year we did the new gravity zip lining in Fayetteville and truly loved it! I think the mid-life crisis is kicking in. I would have never done this when I was younger! :oops: :lol: :-P
Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 AM

When I lived in Seaside/Monterey, Cal, I would drive down the coast headed to San Jose. There was a place on the hwy overlooking the ocean with rocks and 1 tree and a cove with rocks jutting out the water where the seals would sun themselves. I would sit for hours, watching the sunset and the seals. Soooooo peaceful!!!
Would love to go back if just for a day. Having to deal with so much sickness now. DH and DS are so sick now and it's just me and my daughter trying to make all out-of-town and local hosp stays.
Would just love to sit under that tree, watch the seals and listen to the ocean again!!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM

Go somewhere cool in temperature. Already tired of Texas heat!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:23 PM

If I could go anywhere, I would go to Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. I just want to see them, walk in the heather, touch the 'old sod' as they say.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:59 PM

I'm the type to fly a kite NOT be a kite I won't get in a plane for fear it'll fall out of the sky But there is a real good chance I'll be doing a Float down the Nianqua River with my oldest nephew cause he promised the canoe won't tip over in water over my head -I don't believe him -I may not swim to good but I can float and I love playing in the water