Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM

One cold icy morning our car spun around a couple of times before getting it in control my daughter said "momma did you see all the angels?" Now I am a firm believer in guardian angels.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 PM

My mom's face was heavily wrinkled, which she was really self-conscious about. One day my 3 year old boy was lying down with her, softly stroking her face, and said, "Grammy, you should iron your face". She thought that was so funny.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 PM

When my oldest GD was about 4 yrs old. She woke up one morning and told her Mother to call God, she wasn't feeling well.

My youngest son was about 4 yrs old, his Dad and I were riding with him in a two seater Jaguar convertible. He was sitting on the console (this was over 40 yrs ago) and he looked over at me and said, "Mommy, you better hold on to me, I could blow out".
Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 PM

DGS wanted to buy something & DD told him that she didn't have any money right then so he said well go out & get some from that money tree grammie is always talking.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:33 PM

I was homeschooling kindergarten to my youngest and we were studying the pilgrims (it was getting close to Thanksgiving) and we were on our way to my parents house. DD asked " Mom, was granny and papa alive when the indians were here?" I explained that there are Native Americans today so the answer to her question is yes. She sat there in thought for a minute then asked, "Well, were they alive when the pilgrims were here?"
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM

My nephew had a mole removed from his upper lip which left a bare spot in his mustche. His 3 year old grandson asked him if his mustache was broken. Kids....you gotta love them.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM

HAHAHA we tease my FIL all of the time. We were at a resturant where they had one of those placemats with all of the presidents. DD was looking it over. Her grandfather looked at her and said, "you know when I was your age I could recite all of the presidents in order." DD looked up at him and said, "well it was easier when there was only three."
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM

When our youngest son was in Kindergarten he liked to walk backwards in the school hallway. One day the teacher/principal told him to turn around and walk correctly.

His reply "But Ms. Jones, then I couldn't see how pretty you look today while I go to lunch". Smooooooth... He got to keep walking backwards and I'm the one that got the phone call.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:02 PM

My absolute favorite from my daughter (who at the time was attending a Catholic school...) Conversation in car about having sex before marriage...she was in the fourth grade...I am an open, honest parent and knew she could handle it...we talked about diseases, getting pregnant, etc...when I said the only sure way to not get pregnant was to not have sex...her reply? (with rolled eyes and a "hrumph" sound...) "Yeah, that worked so well for the Virgin Mary!" I truly about wrecked the car I was laughing so hard... :)
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM

Many years ago on Easter, my mother called us to the table and my 3 year old niece (she now has a grandson that age) looked at the spread and said "Mmmm boy, dam!" When she started school a few years later she had to take speech classes. We do still tease her, though!