Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever made a quilt for... >

Have you ever made a quilt for...

Have you ever made a quilt for...

Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette
i always start out making it for myself...but thy always end up with someone else!!! lol
Yep me too...until this pass year finally made a couple quilts for our family rm when i redecorated...felt pretty darn good lol.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:00 AM

I finally finished a Quillow for myself after making many, many for the grandkids, etc. Love it!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette
i always start out making it for myself...but thy always end up with someone else!!! lol
Well, I think I just did the opposite! i made a top that was intended as a gift for a guy. It came out so nice, and i really don't think a guy would appreciate that hard work... maybe I'll make him a simple one and keep this one!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm so glad to hear Old Town Spring has quilt shop still. I haven't been there in ages but will make it a point to stop there on my way through Houston this summer. Hope you make YOUR quilt soon.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 AM

I've made quilts and clothing and loads of things for everyone but me. I'm seriously trying to get my ufo's done and dedicate myself to do ONE quilt for ME.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 AM

I did make a quilt for ME, but everytime I want to use it my husband has it! I don't know why he doesn't use the one I made for him. Silly Hubby!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by JanTx
I bought a kit of fat quarters in blacks and creams that I WILL MAKE FOR MYSELF. I promise me. So there! Now I just need to get the rest of the things I'm working on finished so I can really do that. I took a basket and put it on the table in my dining/sewing room of the things I really need to finish before I start anything else. So far, making good progress - then me, me, me! (Well, unless I need to start getting those Christmas projects moving along .... )
I promise myself I will do a quilt for me when I finish downsizing my house, get the yard (2 acres) in shape. finish other projects and oh yes, load the dishwasher.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

I just bought a pack of 10" squares of the new dogwood prints fabrics. These will be used in a quilt for me! Now I need to figure an easy pattern to best show the fabrics! :)
Old 06-29-2011, 06:14 AM

I met a lady who only makes quilts for herself. Her house has quilts hanging everywhere. She also teaches classes. Not sure why she does this.

My DH kept saying "you've never made ME one" so I did... now he's quiet about me giving so many away. LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Yes did my first "for me" a couple of months ago. Just finished a king-size top for my bed yesterday.