Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Baby kitty sucks on my neck! >

Baby kitty sucks on my neck!

Baby kitty sucks on my neck!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM

Oh my goodness, what a cutie. Thanks for taking this little baby. Sucking can be a real problem especially if one kitten sucks on another. I have two little 4 week old girls that one has that problem. She will back the other in a corner and away she goes. I'm always separating them. You have a friend for life!

Save a life - adopt from a shelter then spay or neuter.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:48 PM

Absolutely -I totally agree on spay and neutering!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM

I count the best parts of my day when my 3 little babies curl up on my chest and falls asleep, gazing into my eyes until their little head falls over. Besides the 2 4-week old girls, I have a 2 1/2 week old little girl too. She only weighs 11 ozs and has just gotten up on her back legs. She trys to keep up with her "older" sisters and gets so frustrated. She follows them into the litter box but doesn't quite know what to do once she gets there. I get such joy from taking care of them but there are sure lots of tears when they leave me to go to their forever homes. Bless all of you who have taken in furbabies that were thrown away or not wanted. There are so many of them everywhere. It is so hard for those of us who foster to say "no" when we get a call that there are kittens living under a deck or in the bushes. I just did that about an hour ago but I have 2 in the guest room, 2 in my son's room, one in his bathroom and the 3 little one's in a box in the family room that I'm bottle feeding. I have ages 2 1/2 weeks up to 16 years old. Good thing DS doesn't live at home anymore, lol. However, my heart is full and I seem to smile alot even if I don't get as much sleep.

Your little Lily will be an awesome buddy for lots of years to come. Congratulations! What a sweet baby.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

She's so cute. I think that is normal for young kitties.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 PM

I don't think it is weird at all. I had one that passed 6 years ago that used to suck on my neck and give me hickeys. Good thing my DH trusted me! Now I have a five year old that sucks on the inside of my elbow and does biscuits while she sucks! Just love it.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM

How cute....
Old 06-29-2011, 03:43 PM

She is sweet. At six weeks she would still be doing some suckling with her Mom, so it's not surprising that she is doing it to you. Hopefully she'll out grow it and leave your neck alone!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM

This is not unusual and is done when taken from mom so early. I've had neck suckers and ear lobe suckers. Now, that's a weird feeling. We even had one that sucked on her tail her whole life. She was black and her tail tip became brown because of this. glenda
Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Oh, she is so cute!! and your new little DGD is just precious and adorable!!
Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 AM

AWWWW!!!! That is one sweet kitty. I have one that was the runt of the litter too. She was about the size of a 3 week kitten and half the size of her litter mates. She had the biggest ears I ever saw on a kitten. Now she has grown up to her ears--grin. Weighs in at almost 12 pounds and is a real character.