Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever made a quilt for... >

Have you ever made a quilt for...

Have you ever made a quilt for...

Old 06-30-2011, 04:08 AM

I have started several for myself. They all went to "visit" someone else though. Have two UFOs sitting here and one on the frame that are supposed to be mine. We will see what they tell me when they are finished. Will they stay or will they go?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

I made a Christmas Strip Quilt, and I just finished a Flannel Rail Fence with two batts because I don't have heat in my bedroom.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:48 AM

I am still in process of making quilts for others and like you, just can't give me permission to make one for myself (LOL). I too have some fabric I can't seem to cut into - wonder what that is really all about. You need to make something for yourself for a change.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 AM

I think we put so much planning and buying that letting go is hard after you do all that and then not to know if they would really like it and take care of it like you would. I take a lot of pride in buying and holding my fabric. I like to take it out of the bag and it on a table where I can see it alot and hopefully one day I will get the courage to make something out of it then it's like would he or she really like it and would that tell me the truth. That seems to be my thoughts and delima about giving my creations away.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:02 AM

Yes. The first 10 years I made quilts, they were all give aways. In the last two years, I decided to make wall hangings or other assorted small projects for relatives. I am dedicating the rest of my time to making some king size bed quilts for myself. Hubby says it is about time. I felt guilty for a while but I now that I have a could of tops to quilt, not so much.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:38 PM

Nope - always give them away either for Project Linus or other charities and a few as family gifts. But when I am old, grey and wanting to finish up my Bucket List, I will make one for myself...........oops, old? grey haired? Yep, I am falling way behind as I have not done one thing for me on my Bucket List. lol
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Google Goddess

have fun making yourself a quilt
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM

I kept one small wall hanging for me. I had another one but my DD claimed it as hers, my DH has 4 from me, my mom has about 9, my Nana has 10 or so, friends, other family have them, but the one I intended on for me was recently claimed by DH who said he needed a new cuddle quilt for the couch.

One day maybe.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM

We can make things for ourselves??? ;-)
Old 06-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Dee

I'm also trying to start on one for myself.