Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does you dog make a "nest"? >

Does you dog make a "nest"?

Does you dog make a "nest"?

Old 06-30-2011, 04:02 AM

Yep my Andy does the same thing. So does every dog I have ever been around. Someone told me it comes from denning? Don't know about that but its funny sometimes. Andy also for some strange reason , scratches in corners,under chairs on carpet. Your puggles are absolutely adorable.
watterstide: I love the term Jacked up beagle. lol and your avatar picture. That is a great tag. lol
Old 06-30-2011, 04:46 AM

Chihuahuas love to dig and burrow, so of course Diablo loves to build his nest. He has two quilts on the floor nest to the be that he adjusts, a polar fleece bag in the living room, a polar fleece throw in the sewing room, and another quilt in the study that all get adjusted on a daily basis as he moves from sewing or knitting with me to reading or doing charity work with James.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 AM

My airedales do this with the throw I put on the bed to keep the matelasse clean. They do this when we are out somewhere, not when we are home. I think it is a comfort measure. LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 AM

my yorkie does the same thing,i have heard that comes from when dogs lived in the wild!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 AM

my avatar doesn't nest, she is a rescue and we are coming to the realization she had been abused. I have had many dogs over my lifetime (so far..LOL) and not a one didn't nest, except her. then again, we are finding out she was abused, so her next life with us will be one of love and patience. maybe she will relax enough to start nesting !LOL
Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 AM

I have a Dacshund and yes she does tha all the time her bed in LR or on our bed she has to be in a nest or under covers so we always leave a blanket laying in the chair when we leave the hose when she cant go with us. It is entertaining to watch her make her nest she goes around and around pushing and flipping the blanket till she gets it just right.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 AM

yes, sometimes -- it is funny to watch Abby try to rearrange her large doggie bed as it does not fluff well -- and fortunately I have a very sturdy cover on her sofa (labbies have big claws) as she (and our previous doggy) dig trying to do something with the cover and cushions (not obvious what she is trying to do)-- she gets it her way and then is happy
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Oh yes....my furry friends love my quilts. They spin around and around until that quilt is in a perfect circle and then they drop in the middle and sleep. I have two Yorkies :-D
Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Oh yes....my furry friends love my quilts. They spin around and around until that quilt is in a perfect circle and then they drop in the middle and sleep. I have two Yorkies :-D
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 AM

Yep...even when she's in the kitchen, my Devil Doggie will turn back the rag rug in front of the sink and snuggle in...sometimes in order to get to the sink, I have to move the rug and doggie at the same time as she will NOT get up...you may be able to move mountains but not a big dog!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi