Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
When doing tutorials >

When doing tutorials

When doing tutorials

Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Some tutorials are lengthier than others :D depending on what is being taught, and at what level. :D:D:D

Maybe you can copy and paste the longer ones to a word document and cut out the parts you don't need? Then the printing would be customized to your needs/wants :D:D:D

I know many here really like and appreciate some of the more detailed tutorials, and would hate to see them shorten them up :link: :D:D:D

That is what I do with a lot of things--copy to Word, edit, then print or just Save as a document. We can use such long file names now that one can see at a glance what is in the file. Hard to believe we used to be limited to 8 characters for a file name!! (Back in the "old" days--i.e. 1980's)
:) :)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1
I copy the tutorial to Word, then I go in an reduce the size of each photo by grabbing the corner and dragging it to the size I want. You can also reduce the print size. It saves a lot of paper. And since you have it in a Word document, you can enlarge any photo you want/need and look at it.
I used to do that under XP, but with Windows 7 I can no longer get it to copy/paste pictures to a Word document.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:42 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dodee
Gosh, I'm sorry - didn't mean to create a situation. I've been having some problems with this computer program and guess I must have taken it out on tutorials. I love them - honestly. Mzzzquilts - your idea is great, as are some of the others. Thanks.
This was a great thread. I learned a lot and I'm sure others did too!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned

Please keep the long tutorials. I hate getting in the middle and then not getting the rest where I can understand it. Wastes the fabic as I never finish. SUGGESTION - I do not print them. I take my cutting board to my computer or bring laptop to sewing room and just follow along on the screen. No paper, no ink, no waste.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dodee
Gosh, I'm sorry - didn't mean to create a situation. I've been having some problems with this computer program and guess I must have taken it out on tutorials. I love them - honestly. Mzzzquilts - your idea is great, as are some of the others. Thanks.
No problem Dodee... look at all of the great advice to help save ink and paper in this topic! Lots of great info here :D:D:D
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
this is a forum of beginners to advanced quilters and tutorials are prepared so that beginners to advanced people can follow the directions.

that typically means many more photos and text then if they were prepared for advanced people only.

i personally appreciate the tutes and the time it takes for them to be put together regardless of how lengthy they are.
I agree. Sometimes I need DETAIL or I just don't get it. I usually save them as a Word document so I can refer to them as I need it. I don't print anything unless its absolutely necessary. Thanks to those who provide the tutes. Keep them coming.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
wonder if you can convert them to pdf files?
you can convert them to pdf and save them forever. why not? and refer to them whenever. less paper, too, to store.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
this is a forum of beginners to advanced quilters and tutorials are prepared so that beginners to advanced people can follow the directions.

that typically means many more photos and text then if they were prepared for advanced people only.

i personally appreciate the tutes and the time it takes for them to be put together regardless of how lengthy they are.
I agree!.... You can always "bookmark" them and then go back for reference.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM

If you googl 955 printer which is a prodect of Adobe you can down load this printer which you can than print the tutorials and save them to a file on your compter. The 955 printer converts the thing you want printed to a PDF file. This comes in very handy
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM

I like the step by step instructions and the pictures. Those are the best tutorials.