Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
So M'friends....what's your opinion on this one? Should I pick it up for $50?
Charlee if I had the space (and was anywhere near a machine like that) I'd put down $50 on it without a thought.

Was talking to a bloke yesterday who found a 'near perfect' treadle outside someone's house earlier this week...it's council cleanup in our area and it had been thrown out. His DM and MIL both sew and it will go to one of them, I told him if neither of them want it then I'll give him some $$$'s for it!! Good that it was saved anyway, that's the most important thing.

Hope you get it!
Bronwyn ;-)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Charlee if I had the space (and was anywhere near a machine like that) I'd put down $50 on it without a thought.

Was talking to a bloke yesterday who found a 'near perfect' treadle outside someone's house earlier this week...it's council cleanup in our area and it had been thrown out. His DM and MIL both sew and it will go to one of them, I told him if neither of them want it then I'll give him some $$$'s for it!! Good that it was saved anyway, that's the most important thing.

Hope you get it!
Bronwyn ;-)
Hopefully his DM and MIL will both be "plastic people" (Thanks Miriam! :lol: ) and you'll be able to get that treadle!

Btw Bronwyn....I have an airport less than 2 miles from me...ready to go junkin'?? :)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Yes!! I like it for the machine alone. I also like the cabinet but I know that cabinet isn't liked very well by some people on here.
~laffin~ The cabinet is what I LIKE about it!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by HanNatNana

Hope you get it!
Bronwyn ;-)
Hopefully his DM and MIL will both be "plastic people" (Thanks Miriam! :lol: ) and you'll be able to get that treadle!

Btw Bronwyn....I have an airport less than 2 miles from me...ready to go junkin'?? :)
Charlee I'd love to!! Might have to save some $$$'s
Bronwyn ;-)
Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 PM

[quote=Charlee]
Yes!! I like it for the machine alone. I also like the cabinet but I know that cabinet isn't liked very well by some people on here.
DITTO!! Had to pass one up recently, serious lack of space for getting her home. Wanted to leave oldest DD behind so would have room for machine. :twisted: Just kidding.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Buy it! If you have room for it then yes. I recently saw one of these at the Mini CA TOGA in June. It's a way cool cabinet!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
See what you all went and did!!!! I spent a couple of days looking at all these wonderful little black sewing machines and got bit by the bug. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and this is what I paid 14.99 plus 29.99 shipping for. She was born on August 1, 1921, in Elizabeth, NJ. She is a Singer 128, which is a 3/4 machine. she is in pretty bad shape but won't be when I get my hands on her. She has what is called the La Vincendora decals with a grape vine and leaf motif pressed into the face plate.

Now..if one of you fine ladies would point me to the receipe for the cleaning stuff...I will be ready when she gets here!
Woo Wee! That is just like the one I picked up yesterday at the consignment store for $38.00. Mine is in pretty bad shape too but I'm going to attempt to clean her up and order a couple of parts for her. I've got to go find Billy's tute to get me started!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Update on Singer handcrank: Am meeting seller tomorrow at a public place. She is selling off her collection but not her FW(s?) so will ask about her other machines and accessories of course!!! I am excited about it and hope it is in as good a shape as the photo shows. Will let y'all know how it all works out.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by lee231
This was on CL in the free stuff. Serial # TX 235577 is under the front shuttle plate. The name on the arm is 'Our Special'. Was missing the power cord, controller is knee type behind the front door. Still had the shuttle and one bobbin in it. The bobbin is about 1/4 inch longer that a singer. The power plugs in under the back of the cabinet and is recessed into the bottom side. It seems to be about 1/2 to 3/4 size of my 66. Started cleaning it today, you can peal the scrum(I think smoke residue) off with your fingernail.
Lee, I love the look of this machine!! Look at those decals!! Wow...can't wait to see it cleaned up.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 PM

Charlee, I love those Martha Washington cabinets...I learned to sew on a Singer in one of those cabinets. I don't remember the machine, and neither does my mom. But I remember that cabinet....we kids used to hide stuff from each other in those deep side compartments!! Sweet memories!! :-) If you don't want that cabinet I'll take it!!