Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Baby kitty sucks on my neck! >

Baby kitty sucks on my neck!

Baby kitty sucks on my neck!

Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 PM

I had a cat that we got as a kitten that needed to be bottle fed. He would make nipples out of a certain blanket on our bed and suck on it up into adulthood. He died of a stroke or heart attack at 16 years of age. He was a great cat. I think the sucking continues when they are taken away from mother too soon. Lional was born in a warehouse and found by some people who wanted him gone. Glad he came to live with ut. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM

she is so cute
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM

She is beautiful and you are both very lucky!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:26 PM

I think mine was taken too young. She used to suckle on the inside of elbow, using her feet like they do.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Hi,
I just wanted to say that I have three cats just turning one year old. The vet said it is important that I get them on solid food when they were the size of your kitten. I felt like I should let you know. I am a member but don't get on often maybe later on.
I gave them kitten can food and mix with milk for awhile until they got use to solid food. I then switch them over to Iams kitten food. I am on my last bag and am going to go to adult food.
Your kitten is just adorable. I hope you don't think I am being to noisy only a cat lover myself. Thanks, Note
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 PM

Sucking is normal. Had 2 cats once weaned way too early. both suckled and never outgrew habit. One loved ex-DH afghan his mom made him - she sucked on that blanket at nioght continuously. Her brother loved the hair on top of my head would suck on that at night to go to sleep. No kneading thank goodness just the sucking. As I said, neither ever outgrew it and vet could never explain why but I was their mommy and fel very honored to be so chosen. Thank you for saving Lily. My avatar is Lily also and also a rescue kitty.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM

My first kitten was only 5 weeks old when we got him, and he did the same thing...including the little hickeys!!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 PM

She is adorable - both of them. Years ago I had a friend whos grown cat did the same thing and got me in so much trouble as a teen. :oops:
Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 AM

I know one (rescued) cat who, as a several-year-old adult now, still sucks one hind toe. Sort of his thumb, evidently...
Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Kas

She is so pretty! But just to warn you, our old kitty (he was 19 when he died) still sucked on our underarms if we let him. I had to warn all the babysitters that he would snuggle and knead you, but to watch out because he was really sucking and drooling on your underarm! Several didn't believe me and wound up with wet shirts. He was funny.