Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you keep track of your quilts? >

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

How many of you keep track of your quilts?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:45 AM

I've been quilting for 39 years. I regret that I don't have a picture of each one with a journal of who it went to and why etc. I have taken lots of pics but not all, even the pics don't always get the year...so I tell newer quilters to be sure and put labels, and keep a journal/photo of their quilts. It's easier to capture from the very beginning than try to retrace your path!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:05 AM

I have a 2x10 in the basement that supports the floor, I put a mark on that everytime I finished one. This year, started putting a mark on heater duct. How is that for book keeping? They all get a bible verse so should I run across them will know what year they were made. This year is Matthew 6:26. Have a few pictures, but most are donated to Veterans hospitals. Keep our boys warm. Heart and soul.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:06 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

I take several pictures of all the sewing projects I do. I put them on my computer into categories (quilts, table runners, pillows ect.) and then load them onto a cd disc for safe keeping (never know when a computer might crash). I print out a picture of each thing and I place it into my "portfolio" as I like to call it. Actually, it's just a photo album. I can then see and enjoy all the work I have done.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 AM

I try to remember to take pictures of every quilt I make, but sometimes I forget. I end up wishing that I hadn't forgot, too!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:20 AM

I make an album in my Facebook photos for each quilt as I work on it. This records them from start to finish, along with little comments, quips from friends, and accurate dates.

I have the advantage of just having started quilting, however... xD
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM

I take pictures of all the quilts I make and those that I quilt for other people.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:34 AM

I have taken a photo of each one, good, bad, or just experiments. My personal goal is one quilt for each year of my life. I am catching up but not there yet.

I want to just put the photos in an album with a brief note of who the quilt was given to and the date. No big scrapbooking thing just basic information so my great, great whatevers will have a history of what I did that brought me pleasure and allowed me to be creative in my lifetime. Yes, my dear technology folks, I also have them saved digitally so when the photo album becomes a thing of the past, those "greats" can try to open up and view my pictures from a saved antiquated electronic file. Tee-Hee! ;)
Old 07-01-2011, 04:44 AM

I keep a journal of everything I sew and I always take pictures of everything. With the journal, I can go back and see how many things I have completed in a year.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 AM

I take pictures of each and every quilt I make. started out with printed ones put in albums, now do it on the computer and put them on CD once a year- can use the same cd for several years. LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

I keep pictures of each quilt and who it is for.