Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart fabric >

Walmart fabric

Walmart fabric

Old 07-01-2011, 12:09 PM

I was told yesterday at the Yelm Wa store that they won't be getting fabric back in, but the one in Lacey Wa is getting there's back which is about 1 hour away, we go once a week so I can start buying there
Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM

The Walmart closest to me did close their fabric department when they turned the store into a Super Walmart. But, I was in the store yesterday and they are putting the fabric department back. It's only about half stocked so far but I'm looking forward to seeing it complete.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
According to the fabric department manager, we were subject to losing our fabrics as well. There was so much pressure from the customers, they have now done some rearranging, added more shelves and completely re-vamped the whole department. Not only is it restocked, but better and newer fabrics have been added. It was truly a joy to shop there today!
I sure hope they get fabric at the new WalMart in Cornelius Oregon. It is 3 miles from me. Jan
Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

I'm in Spring Green, lower Wisconsin. They took it out of Dodgeville and lowered the amount in Richland Center and Baraboo. So I e-mailed them thanking them for doing it since I didn't have to come in and check to see what new was in Then I didn't pick up lots of other stuff I found and my budget was doing great. I wasn't near their housewares anymore. I also told them since I now have to go to Madison to JoAnns for fabric, I just pick up the things I need on the way at Target. I'm sure they didn't like hearing they sent me to Target.
I was sure they had a department just thinking how to get people in. But what I have heard is that they are getting it back in 700 stores. A lady was at their board meeting and that is what she said.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Our Walmart is also starting to stock fabric. They even carry FQ now. Thanks WM
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 PM

I was in the Walmart in Woodhaven, MI last week and they are setting up the fabric dept. again. I am so happy to see that they did listen to our requests to bring it back. I have purchased some quality fabric from the stores in the past. Will check it out this coming week when I don't have my grandkids to look after.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Good news for anyone near Secaucus or North Bergen, NJ. Both Walmarts are expanding their craft departments and bringing back fabric. Even more good news, a Joann's has just opened within a reasonable distance, in Paramus NJ. No more long trips using lots of gas to buy a spool of thread.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Our Walmart in Canton, GA never lost all the bolt fabrics even when it was announced that they would take it out. Last week I stopped by another Walmart in a nearby town that had removed all the bolt materials and added the pre-cuts. Surprise the ladies in that department were working to mark down all the 2yd pieces to $1.20 - $1.90 and the FQs to $.60. Since our guild is working on quilts for a childrens cancer center nearby, I loaded my basket up. The member in charge of this project just received a list of 25 children just this month so there is a need for a great amount of material. We picked only the best quality available with the brightest colors or fun designs. Just received a call from another guild member and the store in Cumming, GA just put their pre-cuts out at the same prices. They will be restocking the shelves with bolts by the first of August. I usually stop to find a zipper or sewing thread or some heat & bond so all this is great news.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Dee

I boght a pattern on one of their sale tables. Had some other books, but fabric won't be returning to our store here in So. E. Pa.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Good for WalMart!