Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks >

I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks

I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks

Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM

welcome to the club. right now I can't even find machine. BUT I did find something last weekend...the closet floor!! Keep at it, it'll get better (I hope)
Old 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM

welcome to the club. right now I can't even find machine. BUT I did find something last weekend...the closet floor!! Keep at it, it'll get better (I hope)
Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by roda
These should make you feel better. And I don't have any real excuse
You sure made me feel better! But Remember, a sewing room gets more cluttered the more projects you do!
My clutter is only two challenge blocks, 4 sets of tops and backs for kids quilts to be donated, and a set of rust batik "nickle" squares to be swapped at the guild meeting nrxt week. For me, putting fabric pieces away, and vac the floor will cause a miracle! Thanks luv!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:59 AM

Hey, this looks normal to me. If things are too organized I think I am in the wrong room or home. lol !! Although my son recently moved out and I took over his room. I started small. Maybe you could take one small area and straighten it up, ex: fold fabric and sort into colors. Then do another area. Good luck
Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Yours look very organized compared to mine!! Hope your recovery is coming along well and when you feel better you will get it organized!

delma
Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 AM

Do like it the Fly Lady way and set your timer for 15 minutes and organize for that long, then walk away and do it another day the same way. You have to eat an elephant one bite at a time!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 PM

I volunteered to help a friend organize her sewing room. and your's is in good shape compared.. We had a ball and she can now see her sewing machine and cutting area. We have much to do but she's much happier.. Enlist the help of a friend.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I have been reading this thread, and your room looks fine. I do know though how you feel. I am just starting one wall in my smaller bedroom as my sewing area, and I am so proud of it, however my problem is not that one sewing wall. My problem is my whole house. My one sewing wall with tables, machine, cutting board, and little shelf things is my getaway. You see, I retired early last year as a special education school teacher due to all my problems as a result of being diagnosed and very sick on a daily basis with autoimmune disorders such as Sjogren's, Lupus, and I have Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, etc. But, one good thing is I have managed to lose 45 pounds over the past few months and still going. I have to do things where I can sit down, so sewing has become my sanctuary. I hope also you keep getting better. Count your messy(though I don't think so) sewing room a blessing. I do understand very much. I would give anything to have someone to come to my house just one time and help get stuff out I don't need anymore including junk, and some places plain ole dirt. I have been praying that we manage little by little to get our house in order again, then I know it won't be as hard. My husband is also too sick to do a lot, but he does most all of the cooking now. Just hope this helps you in some way. I love your sewing room. You keep getting better too. I said a little prayer for you.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:09 PM

Let's NOT have a vote on whose is messier, okay. Mine just might win. Sorry to say.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 PM

First, let your knee heal. When it does, check out garage sales and thrift stores and find some inexpensive shelves. The only way I can reorganize is to take everything out and then bring it all back in and then organize as I go. To be honest, it does not look that bad. You are just home, probably cannot do a lot and looking at it is bothering you. Hope your knee heals soon