Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Found some history today. >

Found some history today.

Found some history today.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM

I hope that you find the family, it would mean so much to them.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:32 PM

If the person who donated it got a tax receipt, perhaps the store can give you a name. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the letter got back to part of the family.
Tommie
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 PM

PLEASE! Let us know how this turns out. I will be checking every day to hear from you.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
If you did want to try and locate the family who the letter belonged to I might be able to help. I work in collections and I also do skiptracing. I am very good at locating people who do not want to be found.

Robyn
Wow, how ever did you wind up in that particular proffession? This group of quilter's is so interesting! That story is so heart wrenching! My brother was over there, thankfully he made it home. I hope you can find them.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
If you did want to try and locate the family who the letter belonged to I might be able to help. I work in collections and I also do skiptracing. I am very good at locating people who do not want to be found.

Robyn
Wow, how ever did you wind up in that particular proffession? This group of quilter's is so interesting! That story is so heart wrenching! My brother was over there, thankfully he made it home. I hope you can find them.
It was by accident. I started out as a part time file clerks at an agency where a friend was the secretary to the VP. It took them a year to get me to become a bill collector. It can be a very challenging job. It keeps you on your toes. Also despite what people may think I do get to help people out. It can be overwhelming when all you see is a large bill and I give them a different way at looking at their situation. An example would be you have a bill for $5000.00 and that is all you see, that and that you dont have that kind of money. I tell you that we can settle the account for $2500.00 and that you can pay it over 5 months for $500 each month. Or I may give your money sources that you may not know about. Yes there are some very bad collectors out there. I follow the FDCPA which governs debt collectors. I'm in this to help people not make their lives more diffcult. I used to be on the otherside of those phone calls from abusive bill collectors. That is one of the reason I didnt want to become a bill collector, but it is also the reason why I did eventually become one.

Robyn
Old 07-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy

Robyn
It was by accident. I started out as a part time file clerks at an agency where a friend was the secretary to the VP. It took them a year to get me to become a bill collector. It can be a very challenging job. It keeps you on your toes. Also despite what people may think I do get to help people out. It can be overwhelming when all you see is a large bill and I give them a different way at looking at their situation. An example would be you have a bill for $5000.00 and that is all you see, that and that you dont have that kind of money. I tell you that we can settle the account for $2500.00 and that you can pay it over 5 months for $500 each month. Or I may give your money sources that you may not know about. Yes there are some very bad collectors out there. I follow the FDCPA which governs debt collectors. I'm in this to help people not make their lives more diffcult. I used to be on the otherside of those phone calls from abusive bill collectors. That is one of the reason I didnt want to become a bill collector, but it is also the reason why I did eventually become one.

Robyn
Bless your heart. In this time of economic hardship I'm glad there are people like you!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Probably won't take more than some time to track owner of letter. As to one reply that said "Mom should know first even if Amelia is his wife." I don't think so -- even Bible says "a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wife." Could be many reasons his mother might not know immed. But don't want to start discussion. Good luck with your search and hope for happy ending.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Great find and the letters are so sad.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
OMG! Why does Amelia know but not mom? Mom should know first even if Amelia is his wife! Is there a name? Can you track him down? I'm a history snoop, so I'd never be able to let this rest without more investigating.
I was thinking the same thing. What if he did not come back. You could be holding the last thing his mother, and/or wife and family ever heard from him. I am volunteering to see if I can find the family for you.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 PM

Keep us posted with any updates. We're all going to be on pins and needles to hear if you find the family.