Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
log cabin PP or not? >

log cabin PP or not?

log cabin PP or not?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
I love to make log cabin quilts and, for me, paper piecing them is a huge waste of time and paper. I cut and sew straight with no problem, I chain piece quickly and easily, and I square up the blocks after every round (not after every strip as mentioned above). Try making a block or two each way and see which you prefer.
ditto
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine
On the log cabin patterns, is it better to paper piece or just cut the strips and go?
It is so much easier to PP log cabin whatever the size! The result is so accurate that I would no longer attempt to do it any other way. The joy is that you don't have to be dead accurate in cutting the strips as the paper does the work for you!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Is there a pre-printed foundation out there some where or would you make your own? I've been saving scraps and am anxious to get started.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Sharonj
Is there a pre-printed foundation out there some where or would you make your own? I've been saving scraps and am anxious to get started.
There is a product called 'foundation by the yard' I actually ordered some to make an Uneven Log Cabin, but when the product arrived it was awful! Heavy calico cotton and the printing was so 'squiffy' I returned it prompty! I decided to use the lightest interfacing I could find and traced my own, it worked beautifully and it hasn't stiffened the quilt or made it bulkier for quilting. I made a tutorial here's a link:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-106556-1.htm

:-D