Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 AM

Missy
Glad you and mom are getting together, life is too short to be wasted. Love each each other every day.
Hugs to you and your Mom
Nina
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by vintage cowgirl
Missy
Glad you and mom are getting together, life is too short to be wasted. Love each each other every day.
Hugs to you and your Mom
Nina
Thank you so much Nina. Life IS too short for this nonsense.

Oh, who is the baby in your avatar? That is such a sweet looking baby!!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 AM

PamH, I'm going to say welcome to you. It's only the fourth. If you're willing to start with today's weight, then I think you should be able to join us.

SWChick, my post to you was only about lapband surgery, not sexual orientation. I think this has gone far enough. Please post in your other groups.

Good morning, y'all. I wish us a day of healthy choices and peace with ourselves whether we are partying or home alone sewing.

To all who are serving our country, have served our country or supported a family member who served our courtry, a big THANK YOU.

MJ, I'm glad you got out to church, but be careful in that humidity. I cut my walk with the dogs short last night because my legs felt tired, which is minor compared with what you go through. Please be careful. We need you.

I am sewing and I am losing weight.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Our New Grandson Thanks
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Missy
Hugs to you and your Mom
Nina

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 AM

Our New Grandson Thanks
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Missy
Hugs to you and your Mom
Nina

Missy
What a precious baby! How was he in that picture? He looks like he has tons of hair. I just love new babies!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM

wow the drama here is getting out of hand, at this point I am not sure I want to be a part of this month.
I have enough drama around me I dont need it from here.

Good luck everyone with the weight you want to lose. Count me out for the prize and I will watch to see what continues from here forward.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:38 AM

DH got the bikes out early this morning and we went about 5 miles or so. It's amazing how getting out and doing somethig physical helps me get my brain functioning.

I'm wanting to add more variety of veggies to my diet. I bought some chives yesterday because they were on sale...anyone know what I should do with them? The sort of have a garlic flavored grass texture. I added a couple handfuls to sauted mushrooms yesterday. Not bad.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
DH got the bikes out early this morning and we went about 5 miles or so. It's amazing how getting out and doing somethig physical helps me get my brain functioning.

I'm wanting to add more variety of veggies to my diet. I bought some chives yesterday because they were on sale...anyone know what I should do with them? The sort of have a garlic flavored grass texture. I added a couple handfuls to sauted mushrooms yesterday. Not bad.
Good for you to get out on the bikes. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM

Some on this thread (I think a couple months back but not sure-- I am having a senior moment LOL) said that when they go out to eat they immediately ask for a to go box when their food is delivered. Then they put half of it in the box, set that aside and enjoy the rest of their meal.

I have been doing that now since it was first mentioned on this list. Omigosh you have no idea how much that has helped in me keep on track with small portions. I really encourage you guys that do eat out to try this and see how it helps you.

The other thing I have been doing is putting my fork down after each tiny bite and then chew chew chew. When there is no longer any food residue in my mouth, I pick up the fork again. That gives my brain time to catch up with my stomach and can feel the sensation of being full.

Oh and I do not drink at all during my meals anymore. That is a lap band thing though. I have such a small stomach pouch now that I have to focus entirely on protein, produce and fiber. Those are the chapters in the Lap Band Bible. :)

I hope everyone is doing well today and are enjoying the opportunity that comes with summer and that is lots of fresh fruit and veggies! I could live entirely on fresh fruit and veggies in the summer.

Tonight we are going to be cooking out but I am going to each my hamburger patty with the produce that goes on a burger (with no bread) and maybe a blackened hot dog. I will also be eating the leftover green beans and BBQ beans that were served at the wedding yesterday. (Ya gotta love Texas BBQ at a hoe-down wedding!) Yummy yummy yummy!

I tried a recipe for whoopie pies this last week that where chock full of good veggies. They were soo good! Even my picky eating brother LOVED them! If anyone is interested in this unbelievably easy recipe, let me know!

Take care everyone! Love ya lots!!

Missy
Old 07-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
wow the drama here is getting out of hand, at this point I am not sure I want to be a part of this month.
I have enough drama around me I dont need it from here.

Good luck everyone with the weight you want to lose. Count me out for the prize and I will watch to see what continues from here forward.
I know I am far behind with this but where in Dallas are you? My father lives in Plano. Dallas has grown so much and it is sooo hot there. I do not enjoy the Texas heat.

I hope you have a good day!

Missy