Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Two sizes?? :thumbup: That is a happy dance occasion. This site is addicting, for sure. Most of the time, it makes a nice place to take a break from whatever is occupying our day. I really don't mind living alone, but I don't feel as alone when I have you 'guys'.

Goodnight. I'm not going to bed at 3:00 tonight.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM

These first four days of July has filled 12 pages... what does this mean for the rest of the month???
Rita's Mom-congrats on your 40#
MJ-it's good to have you back! Try and keep out of the humidity-it's not really good for anyone to get too much of it.
Irishrose-thank you for steppin' in for MJ..The thoughts and challenges for the day you and MJ, and others, put out for us adds the needed boost to the day..thank you for that.
Sandy-may your time spent with Judy be filled with special blessings.
Xylie-150 is in arm's reach....you can do it!!
Missy-thank you for being you!! Don't change! Your woopie pie sounds really yummy...thanks for sharing it with us. Any recipe that is EASY,not many ingredients,and requires dirty-ing the fewest vessels/utensils is the kind right up my alley. Everyone, have a great week!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by pinsninks
These first four days of July has filled 12 pages... what does this mean for the rest of the month???
Rita's Mom-congrats on your 40#
MJ-it's good to have you back! Try and keep out of the humidity-it's not really good for anyone to get too much of it.
Irishrose-thank you for steppin' in for MJ..The thoughts and challenges for the day you and MJ, and others, put out for us adds the needed boost to the day..thank you for that.
Sandy-may your time spent with Judy be filled with special blessings.
Xylie-150 is in arm's reach....you can do it!!
Missy-thank you for being you!! Don't change! Your woopie pie sounds really yummy...thanks for sharing it with us. Any recipe that is EASY,not many ingredients,and requires dirty-ing the fewest vessels/utensils is the kind right up my alley. Everyone, have a great week!
Thanks so much,I am really going to have to work for it tho.I am in new territory I haven't been in for 30 yrs.So will be a struggle,but will not give up.Thank you all for the well wishes.We are doing great.And the heat is tolerable,esp in the evenings.All our neighbors were down so had a good time and was busy all weekend.I agree with the 12 pages.I got on and couldn't believe it was up to 12 pages already.Congrats to crafty bear for winning.I figured a big number would crop out for all them FQ.Just goes to show,it's anybody's game.To the new comers,welcome and as Mary says,we are going to let the skinny girls out. I started out at 250 lbs,and am 158 now.So,if I and others can and are doing it,you certainly can too.So,good luck ladies.Just find what works for you,and stay with it.If you don't know how or what to do,just ask.As there are different ways and plans that everybody is on or doing.Mine was a life-style change.It isn't fast,but has worked well for me.Good luck
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 AM

Morning everyone! Sounds like everyone had a good 4th. I haven't exercised for a week because of my back and headaches, hope to get back to it today. DH and I worked in our little garden for awhile yesterday, staked the tomatoe plants and did a little weeding and watering. Our weather just can't make up it's mind. It's either really, really hot and humid or we're having severe thunder storms.

Well I have to go get dressed for swimming. I'll be back later.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy late 4th of July!

We have a fantastic start to July! I am happy to report my weight is stabilizing, I have stayed at 264 for some time now. This is good because of the CHF, which puts those awful weight surges of fluid.

I am staying inside and monitoring myself.

I am so proud of all of you. I, too, would rather have a committed group of 30 than a group of 50 that don't participate.

My prayers and positive thoughts are with each of you as you struggle to be firm.

Journal - What will you accomplish today?

Motivation- Think of all the power of our good wishes standing behind you and holding you up. What will you accomplish today?

Quilting - What will you accomplish today?

Try to find 10 minutes for you today to reflect and create.

Hugs,
MJ
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 AM

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss. I did OK over the long weekend. We had 3 picnics to go to and I did Ok. I didn't gain any with all the wonderful food. I did try most of it but really smal portions. I wore a pair of shorts yesterday that wouldn't even button last summer and they are loose:-) I can pull them down without unbuttoning them. We have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks and I am going to have to buy a new dress, mine is too big:-) Everyone keep up the good work. Even if you aren't loosing if you are eating healthier it is still good for you. Time to jump on the elliptical.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:49 AM

Meanmom (love the name) Awesome! glad that you HAVE to buy a new dress cause it's too big! can't wait till that happens to me!

A S.M.A.R.T. goal:

S= Specific, try to be as specific as possible

M= it has to be measurable, like a 2lb loss, or a 2min extension before you're out of breathe

A= Attainable, make sure that it really and TRULY is something that you can accomplish

R= Reward, a reward that fits the goal. Whether that is just feeling good, or getting a whole bunch of loosing quarters in the mail! *This is where I differ from most,other version, they usually recommend the goal be realastic but I feel if it's attainable it should be realistic.

T= Time
Set a specific amount of time you will accomplish the goal in! This is important as if you don't have an end date you really don't have a goal!

Also make sure you write it down and the steps you'll use to achieve your goal and you'll see results in no time!

Here's a link as well to a website about the S.M.A.R.T. goal system.

http://www.topachievement.com/smart.html
Old 07-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Good Morning my QB friends~

Thank you to all that are here and are so encouraging for each other, it is a wonderful thing!

MeanMom~congrats on the shorts and have fun shopping for a new dress. I'm sure you will look fabulous ;)

Today: I weighed one pound less than yesterday WooHoo, I have started my food journal, and plan to walk again this evening. My DH & DS have gone to play golf so I have the house to myself. What I wish I could do~but I have homework to finish and my comps to study for. I am finishing my graduate degree, last class & comps, then graduation in August. YEAH!! Preparing for comps has been stressful and I tend to eat when stressed. I've only eaten allowable food, but my portions are too big. Got to work on it, but all things are possible with prayer and thanksgiving!

My prayer for ya'll today are for encouragement, control, and self-confidence in who you are.

Hugz~Amy
Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 AM

I had a pretty good weekend. Both DH & DS worked this weekend so I was on my own. I do better that way. I get busy working on something and forget to eat until my stomach start growling. I did use my elipitcal 3 times a day for 5 to 8 mins. each. I just weighed myself and I'm down 2 lbs. Great start to the month. Now I need to keep this up for the rest of the month.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Xylie
I am overwhelmed at your weight loss. So happy for you. Your are a new woman!!!!! You give inspiration. Thank you