Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9 >

Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9

Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9

Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Originally Posted by pab58
OMGoodness!!! :shock: After seeing DeeCee and Andrea's blocks, I'm not sure I even want to post a pic of my first block!! :oops: :oops: :oops: They are absolutely beautiful!!!

Well, before looking at my picture you all better hop onto your fast galloping horses!!!!!! Ride really, really fast!!!!! I know there are many, many boo-boos, and I have already started to correct them in my second block -- I hope! :roll: I probably will end up redoing this first block -- it's too crude. I guess I was so anxious to get started I wasn't as careful as I should have been. :cry: If I don't redo it, it will be my humility block!! :roll:
Patty,
I agree with Deecee's comment. We are definetively looking at a different block than the one you posted. I think the fabric selection is very nice as well as the applique and embroidery. Looking forward to see your #11.
I'm with the others, I don't see any problems with your block. I think it's beautiful! :thumbup:

Kathy, I didn't have any Wonder Under and really didn't feel like stopping at JoAnn's for $2 worth just to go to Midnight Quilters (which is in a quilt shop) and work on it, so I bought the SAS at the quilt shop. I can use that for other projects also.

Beth and I discovered we could use 505 to gently adhere the pieces to the background and that is working great on my 2nd block!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Power Poster

Lovely blocks ladies - it's so nice to see the new blocks gradually coming along. For those of you not particularly liking your first block, give it a chance. They are all good, and when surrounded by others, they will be fine. If you spend time redoing them all, you will have made two quilts!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:53 AM

Pab,
If this is your example of a humility block---then my entire quilt will be a humility quilt...This my first time doing applique and embroidery...Talk about biting off more than you can chew!

Seriously, your block is lovely. Don't be so harsh on yourself. Wait till you finish the 2nd one and then the 3rd and you'll see how great they begin to look next to each other.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Patty, I think your block is lovely! There is nothing wrong with it at all. Keep remembering that these blocks are designed to play well together and the more you have done, the better they will look! The tiger fur for the center of your flower was inspired...it looks great!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 AM

All I see is a very pretty block. I don't see any goofs at all.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Pab, your block is really beautiful. Whatever mistakes you are talking about are not noticeable.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Patty, I love your block.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Patty, I think your block is lovely and I love the way you are using fabric that you already have. I am also using large print fabrics and doing some fussy cutting. You and I are in the same boat; this is my first time doing needle turn applique. I have tried 4 different methods now and I'm still not sure which method I like best.
:D :D :D
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 AM

Well, I figure that I should hit my stash first before I buy anything else. I'm beginning to think that I WON'T have to buy anything except the fabric for my border applique and for the backing. Who knows, if I look hard enough, I just might have something for the borders tucked away in the "black hole" -- aka my stash!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I might even be tempted to do a scrappy backing that would use all of the fabrics I put in the top! It would look pretty odd, but it would certainly be quite the record of my journey with this quilt!! :-D :-D
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

ok, as much as I don't like posting before something is finished...I said I would post yesterday and then we had a big storm.
I couldn't take the picture with my digital camera bc i learned that new cameras only take a few pics, then you have to buy another card!

Colors are brighter, IRL...another when finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-227240.jpe
Views:	41
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	227246