Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilt Show Knoxville, TN  July 13 - 16, 2011 >

Quilt Show Knoxville, TN July 13 - 16, 2011

Quilt Show Knoxville, TN July 13 - 16, 2011

Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 AM

I'm going to try to attend. I live only about 45 miles away and I have never been to a quilt show.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM

I attended last year and plan to go again this year! I was in overload after 4 hours....one area of quilts on display prohibited photo taking, but take your camera. My DH will be spending his time at the Bass Pro Shop near Seiverville .
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM

What's a DH?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Google Goddess

Darling Hubby (DH)

Originally Posted by smcfadden
What's a DH?
list of abbreviations I have been saving here on this link for everyone, scroll down

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=1743
Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Our quilt guild is taking a bus across the mountains on the 15th for a whole day at the show. We went last year and it was fabulous! The best part was when it was over and I had a huge bag of "stuff", we got on the bus, had some snacks, played "quilting games", and the time flew by! I can't wait 'til next week to go again! I took tons of pictures last year, but will take even more this time! And I definitely will BUY more this year!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM

I plan to be there on the 13th with my husband. I have a quilt in the show--hand appliqued and hand quilted bed quilt. Look for # 131. I am very excited about this.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Google Goddess

congratulations on having a quilt in that show

Originally Posted by BobbysGirl
I plan to be there on the 13th with my husband. I have a quilt in the show--hand appliqued and hand quilted bed quilt. Look for # 131. I am very excited about this.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
if anyone is going, can I ask that you pick up a quilt show pin? I can pay you for it and postage to me with paypal. Can you PM me if you're willing to do this?

Thanks!
I went to the show yesterday, and I picked up a pin if you are interested. It is $5.00 and shouldn't take more than one stamp but I will probably mail it in a little padded envelope and put 2 stamps on it. It says Knoxville 2011.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 AM

I saw your quilt yesterday and what a beautiful job you have done. I was very interested in it because it was hand made. This was the first quilt show I have attended and I am surprised how few quilts are hand made these days. Not that the others are not beautiful, I was just surprised.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 AM

Your quilt was absolutely breath-taking! The ladies with me were all so impressed! I had missed seeing it and the last thing I did before we ran to catch our bus was go find your quilt so I could get a picture!