Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Niagra Nobn-aerosol spray starch >

Niagra Nobn-aerosol spray starch

Niagra Nobn-aerosol spray starch

Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 AM

I'm convinced now. Will get some next time I head for Wally's.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 AM

Along the same subject, I have used this as well as Mary Ellen's. Do any of you have a preference?
Old 07-08-2011, 06:03 AM

Just started using this last month. Can't find it here in Canada so friends bring it from the States for me. Don't know how I quilted without it . Love it.

I have some Mary Ellen's left over and will only be using the Niagara spray starch from now on. I think it is much better and the price is way better also. IMHO
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Originally Posted by Painiacs
Oooohhhh! Where do I buy it???
I found it at Walmart.
Our Safeway also carries it...a bit more expensive at Safeway but I am not always able to find it at Wally world.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Just wanted to let all of you who raved about the Niagra non-aerosol spray starch know that you were "right on"!!!! Kept forgetting to look for it but last night did check it out and bought three bottles! Each bottle was 22 oz. and just $1.87 a bottle. Plugged in the iron first thing this morning to try it and it's exactly as you all said....fabric was instantly smooth, no flakes, nice body .....I'm thrilled! Thank you!!!!!
just remember to spray lightly...I accidentally sprayed a piece twice and it DID get white and flaky!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
I wish that I could find a source of this stuff in Canada. Any Canadians on the board who know where you can buy this??? I can't even find liquid starch in Canada that you need to dilute. I've checked major grocery stores and Wal-mart, Canadian Tire and Zellers. They do have an aerosal spray starch available in Angus at the No Frills grocery store. It's a Canadian Forces Base so I guess those poor soldiers have to press their uniforms but it is $3.29 a can.
Perhaps they sell it under a different brand name in Canada.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
I have checked out two WalMarts and neither one carry the non-aerosol stach. I think I will try online and see if I can order it for store pick-up.
You may ask if they'll order it for you.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Eloise
A quilter friend of mine, who has us in her home once a week, told us about taking liquid starch and water and then spray onto the fabric. AMAZING! IT IS SO NEAT!!!!!!!!!!! Take half of the liquid starch and half water in spray bottle. Soak the material, let dry and then iron. AMAZING! LOVE IT!!
Brings back memories of starching doillies for my mom. :)
Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 AM

I just picked up a couple of bottles at a "Family Dollar" store for $2 each. I believe I'm gonna like it. I got the "fresh linen" scent. Smells nice.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM

I started out using Mary Ellens Best Press (expensive) then I used the spray starch (flaky and messed up my iron) and now I use Magic Sizing. Love the stuff. It's cheap, clean and works well. Love it for piecing especially if you're working on small, bias edges like I do when I'm working on the Farmer's Wife 6" blocks.
I DO place a piece of muslin or flannel on my ironing board cover when I'm doing a lot of spraying so I can throw that in the washer when it gets yucky. Saves my ironing board cover.