Who Uses Facebook?

Old 07-09-2011, 05:53 AM

I only use FB to keep up with relatives who live far away and find old friends. I just found a family I used to babysit for many many years ago and have been communicating with them. It's been fun....Hate the games though.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 AM

Too much happening there. I refuse to take up my time fussing with it.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
I have a love/hate relationship with fb. It's easy to get sucked into and spend way too much time on there. For those concerned about privacy- no one can see your "stuff" unless you want them to. It's more private than this board is, actually, because anyone in the world can access this board, but only those that you grant access to can see your information on facebook. You have the ability to decide your privacy settings. It is a really great way to stay in touch with friends and family, and an excellent way to network, promote businesses, events, etc.

Exactly. People who have issues with Facebook are not setting their privacy options correctly.
I will say FB doesn't make it the easiest thing in the universe to set them, but it is possible to make sure on occasion that nothing is set the way you don't want it.
I don't play games, I don't need a lot of the "apps" so I have it set to SECURE ( you see ' https' in your address. )

Just because there is a space to enter your home address or phone number doesn't mean you HAVE to, anymore than you have to give your complete birthday, or 'attach' yourself to other people by calling them husband, daughter or niece when you friend them.

I enjoy FB, there were 116 people in my graduating class, about half are on FB and I think it will make the possibility of a 30th reunion far more possible (*and enjoyable)....we never did do a 10, 20 0r 25.

I "DO" get sucked in there, however, because it is MUCH easier to read and respond than it is here or at any other message board.

I am forever looking for the LIKE button here!!! LMAO
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

So, after all that, you can FRIEND me... Trish Casey-Green (put quilt board in message :-P
Old 07-09-2011, 06:10 AM

FB is the best way for me to keep track of the kids, especially the boys who don't write or call often. An message sent thru FB usually gets noticed and answered. And knowing when their on-line helps to make that contact quicker!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 AM

Not me.
IdahoSandy
Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 AM

I use Facebook but only to stay in touch with family and friends..... no games... they drive me crazy and I don't have time. I need to be on here reading and looking at all the good stuff!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM

Not me either. Been invaded a couple of times because of other people who joined carelessly. If the only way I can find out something about a relative is by going on line to a forum that can be hacked, they don'y care enough. I can live with that.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 AM

I love Facebook and use it to keep up with friends, family etc., but also for sites such as Keepsake quilting, Connecting Threads...and possibly, Superior Threads!!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 AM

Ive considered it, and even made an account about a million yrs ago when it was just starting, lol. I did the same thing with twitter, when it started - I think there were about 6K people in it when I signed on. I never used either account!
The 14 yo girl next door was over this week and was chatting away and told me she was deleting her facebk friends, wall, posts, and only using it for contacting family (her moms family is in Austria)- she said it was boring. Dont know if anything happened, she just doesnt want to bother w/ it anymore. She doesnt tweet, either. I think her whole thing is just the IM by phone. (texting) sharet
Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 AM

Just being on the computer your privacy is not private, Its what you put on your profile.