Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only idiot who......? >

Am I the only idiot who......?

Am I the only idiot who......?

Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 AM

Oh, . . . I am cringing!!! I have not done this yet (knock on wood) but have come close!!!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
you might want to look into getting a tetnus shot if you haven't had one in a few years. At least ask your doctor.
According to my doctor, if it has been more than two years, you should probably get a tetanus booster...

Sure hope you heal quickly... and do watch for infection!!

Most of us have been right there!!! sigh...
Old 07-09-2011, 06:43 AM

OMG..that's my biggest fear..my finger nails have saved me a couple of times..hope ur ok !!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:44 AM

I remember when I was little, not in school yet, going to visit my Grandmother at the taylor's shop at the navy base exchange. She worked there forever. On more than one occasion I remember visiting her and she would have a bandaid on her pointer finger because she had sewed it! I couldn't imagine how bad that would hurt but really just couldn't understand how in the world that could happen. Well.... one day about ten years ago guess what? Yep, I did the same thing! OUCH! right through the middle of my nail on my left pointer finger! was sore for weeks, kinda like when you hit your finger with a hammer! Haven't done it since then but have gotten close! I feel your pain!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 AM

Ouch, ouch and ouch. Hope it heals quickly!
Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 AM

Yikes I'm squirming just reading this. Hope your okay.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:56 AM

Oh that's awful. Hope I never do that, sounds so painful. Hope you heal OK
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM

I did that a couple of months ago. Luckily (?) it was a brand new needle so it went through cleanly. It made my husband cring but it really didn't hurt that much.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 AM

I did that a couple of months ago. Luckily (?) it was a brand new needle so it went through cleanly. It made my husband cring but it really didn't hurt that much.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 AM

This happened to me 2 or 3 years ago while working on my embroidery machine. I keep a fan going at the back of the machine to keep it cool when stitching out a large stitch-count project and had a piece of WS stabilizer on top but not pinned down well enough on one corner. The corner was picked up by the "breeze" and, in an attempt to keep it from getting caught up in the sewing, I grabbed it to hold it down and the needle went right through my finger next to the nail.

The needle broke so I tried to pull it out of my finger and couldn't get the needle back out so went to a neighbor's home to ask them to use pliers to take it out. Unfortunately, the needle broke into two pieces inside my finger and the folks at ER decided that they would not dig to remove the pieces so as to limit the damage to nerves; it 'floats' around in the end of my "pointer finger" even to this day.

The good news is that no bone was hit and the needle pieces serve as a reminder to stop the machine rather than try to continue on with a little help from my hands when a situation such as this occurs!! :oops: