Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB- Good and Bad >

QB- Good and Bad

QB- Good and Bad

Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
... But, after having quilted for many years and many, many quilts I am depressed to find that I am not much of a quilter. ... It is an outlet for me.
You are a quilter and you are an inspiration to me. I doubt that I will ever make anything I would feel comfortable sending to Charisma to quilt for me ... such is my skill. But the process of planning and creating is rewarding. Thank goodness for the outlet. :roll: :roll:
Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 AM

Joy :) I hope you put a picture on QB of the Snake River Log Cabin. I was on the Snake River last May and also stayed in a Log Cabin that took the owners seventeen years to build. The only way you can get to the log cabin is by boat, it accommodates ten people for sleeping.

You can see how big and beautiful this cabin is. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-224280.jpe
Views:	62
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	224286  
Old 07-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by busygranny
I love your avatar and it looks very professional. I don't think you have a thing to be ashamed of. Is that quilt appliqued? It is gorgeous.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes my Avatar is needle turned applique. As you can tell, I love to applique.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 PM
lue

BusyGranny, Shame on you for feeling shamed! I'm kidding. If you made the quilt in your avatar, I see no shame in your game! And yes, you ARE busy!! I was care giver for my mom and older brother so I know how much is required with two people and you have three! My prayer is that you will continue to have the love and strength to do all that you do and that you will always make the time to enjoy your quilting!! When I was growing up, people made lovely quilts out of old dresses. I remember the excitement when someone received one because they knew how much love and time had gone into the making of it. None of us can complain when we PURCHASE fabrics, use 1/4 inch feet, have rotary cutters, take classes, read quilting books... I think it's all a matter of how far we want to take our art. Our goal is just to enjoy!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:07 PM

I think you just discribed me to a tee!
I quilt because it is my therapy,I love it and takes me away from problems in my life. I am glad you are on this board it is really alot of information and alot of help.

God bless you
Old 07-10-2011, 12:16 PM

If you love what you are doing...you are doing it right.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by mizkyp
Joy, you are a quilter. Fancy machines, 1/4 inch seams, and fabric dont make the quilt. It's the love that goes into the quilt that matters.
Happy quilting,
Margie
amen to that
Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 PM

There are more of us out there (just like you) who quilt for the love of quilting and giving and using what we have and can afford... Don't count yourself out.... You are a QUILTER,
I know because I am like you...

Ladybug
Old 07-10-2011, 01:49 PM

I am with cjomomma because I do what I like and feel and what I can afford.I just bought a bunch of walmart jellyrolls and charmpacks because the where on clearance
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
After joining this QB(and I love it) it has been a downer and upper for me. I have gotten a lot of inspiration and encouragement from it. But, after having quilted for many years and many, many quilts I am depressed to find that I am not much of a quilter. I always thought quilting was for the love of it not perfection. I don't have a fancy machine, I have problems with my 1/4 inch seam, I don't prewash, I use what thread I have, I use what fabric I can afford, and I am always confused with which way to press a seam. So you can see I don't do much of anything right. Sure hope Charisma can quilt the Snake River log cabin I sent to her. But I just thank God that I can enjoy quilting because I love it. I am a caregiver for my 87 yr old brother, my 76 yr old husband and my 56 year old son. It is an outlet for me. I thank God for it. Love all of you on the board. God bless
If it weren't for quilter's like you, the pilgrims and settlers would have frozen to death. You are in great company! :thumbup: