Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with fabric selections >

Need help with fabric selections

Need help with fabric selections

Old 07-11-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
The first picture below is from the cover of Judy Neimeyer's Bali Wedding Star pattern. The second picture shows the fabric groupings I've come up with (so far) for the rings. Please give me your honest opinions about the fabrics -- does anything 'jump' out as being too bright, too dull, out of place, etc. This is an expensive and time consuming project and I'll appreciate any help I can get!!! Sorry about the second one being a little bit dark, but with the flash the colors were all washed out. Thanks.
Love the colors! Please show us when it is done.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 AM

I agree!
Originally Posted by earthwalker
I think your selection is beautiful.
:thumbup:
Old 07-11-2011, 07:52 AM

I really agree with your choices and they will look great in this pattern. This is an extraordinary pattern and I cannot wait to see yours finished.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 AM

I don't have enough experience to judge if the selections are right for your quilt....If they aren't, please send them to me. They look good enough to eat. :lol:
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
The first picture below is from the cover of Judy Neimeyer's Bali Wedding Star pattern. The second picture shows the fabric groupings I've come up with (so far) for the rings. Please give me your honest opinions about the fabrics -- does anything 'jump' out as being too bright, too dull, out of place, etc. This is an expensive and time consuming project and I'll appreciate any help I can get!!! Sorry about the second one being a little bit dark, but with the flash the colors were all washed out. Thanks.
Hi Linda,

I just had a class with Judy Niemeyer about a month ago. She helped me with the color selection by having me open several packages and then we just started making sets by pulling together ones that work well from each pack, making sure we went from light to dark. I just picked the sets that went well together and brought those to class. I showed them to Judy, she started picking colors (she loves to pick colors) and then I started picking as well. [She is a great teacher.]

All your sets look good. Pick 4 or 5 that you like best and make your sets out of those. How large is your quilt going to be?

I was able to find the suggested colors for the background and stars at online QS's.

I now have lots of loose strips to use for other projects, but her point was for me not to stuck to the colorways of the individual Bali Pop sets.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Love your fabric, can't wait to see it finished. Love the pattern but am afraid to tackle a wedding ring or star.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Love your selections and love red in a quilt.. pls show us the final product. :-P
Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 AM

Your fabrics are PERFECT! I love the pop of red - all quilts need a 'zinger' fabric, IMHO.

Love JN patterns - am working on one now. Enjoy the journey :thumbup:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
I think your selection is beautiful.
I agree..please post pictures when you have completed your quilt....Have Fun!! :D
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 AM

I think your colur choices are lovely. I admire anyone who can make such nice selections. I always have a problem sorting out what colours go together, or don't.
Sue