Other Hobbies..??

Old 02-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Funny you mentioned pencils. My husband's grandmother had a pencil about 12" long, with the words LAST NAME Coal Co. See, when D's(my husband) father was 10, he was in the back seat, with mom and dad in the front. They were in a car accident, and D's grandfather got killed. I don't know if his grandmas started the coal company or she just took it over, but this was one of the things I got when she died 6 mos after we got married. I also got a beautiful photo of her standing in front of the comapny building (back then, coal was used for heating houses)I was just reorganizing things last night and came across that pencil.
I've got to write all this hisory down for my kids
Hobbies?
gardening, crocheting, stained glass, sewing anything, sitting my big fat butt in front of this computer. I used to really be involved in Basenji breeding, but now mostly rescue. Collecting old toys, finding ways to dispaly my old things in my home, farm auctions
I'm still involved in all this stuff since the accident, though in a different, but still satisfying, way
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 PM

I love to read read read. I spend enough time on the computer to call it a hobby. I enjoy flowers and watching birds. I really like to hand sew and I used to make all my clothes when I was in High School and College-many many years ago.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM

I read, crochet, and paint.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 AM

I love swedish weaving too, most people don't know what it is. I like making aghans with it. As far as my pencil collection, I have them sorted ( Banks, Insurances, Schools, lumber yards, tourist points, and etc.) into shallow file drawers, some on display boards and some standing in pretty glass jars. I have been typing them into a data base on the computer so I know at a glance if I have a duplicate. It is lots of fun. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 AM

I crochet, knit, do counted cross-stitch, flower and veggie garden, collect Santas, pitchers, and vintage (finished) needlework.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by retired2
I love swedish weaving too, most people don't know what it is. I like making aghans with it. As far as my pencil collection, I have them sorted ( Banks, Insurances, Schools, lumber yards, tourist points, and etc.) into shallow file drawers, some on display boards and some standing in pretty glass jars. I have been typing them into a data base on the computer so I know at a glance if I have a duplicate. It is lots of fun. Thanks for asking.
Hi, I know what Swedish weave is. I learned it just a few yrs. ago. I love it & it's beaut. work. For those who don't know it, it's done on Monk's cloth which is a fairly open weave fabric. Wal Mart & fabric stores have it. Then you work from a pattern with yarn.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 AM

I will look for pencils, I prefer writing with a pencil so I don't know, does it have to be unsharpened? I may have some farming ad ones around. I love the smell of a freshly sharpened pencil!

I collect rocks and like to vegetable garden and can.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Yes,only unsharpened pencils, they conform and look nicer.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM

I collect old bottles, cookie jars, depression dishes, love to yard sale.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:42 PM

I read, work in the garden, cross stitch, coach little league soccer for girls