Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue! >

Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue!

Remember the room that needs a mini-makeover and the 2 little pillows that called for more? Well, bed runner to the rescue!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

Gorgeous!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Well, here's my attempt at my first bed runner. I still need to quilt it but I wanted to get your take as to how this is coming along. (I deliberately made it shorter than most because I didn't want to cover up the nice scalloped edges of the quilt). AND for those of you that quilt on a regular (read: very non-fancy basic) sewing machine, how would you quilt this if this were your first attempt at FMQ? I'm biting the bullet and trying my hand at this on this bed runner. I figure since it's for myself and not being given away...it's a good place to start. ;-) Oh, and what color binding would you suggest?

Once this is done, I'm going to just sit awhile on this project so ideas might come to me on the wall hanging and/or head board ideas for the head of the bed. As you can see it's bare. I'll put an old picture up in the meantime.

Thanks for any input you have! Karen
Oh, my gosh....I love the whole thing! Did you have a pattern? Is there a pattern for the
french roses?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 AM

Great idea! I like it!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:20 AM

Looks wonderful
Old 07-14-2011, 04:26 AM

It is lovely. I would do stitch-in-the-ditch around each block and square. Simple but elegant.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 AM

very nice! I want to make one too!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wonnie
Originally Posted by karenm36
Well, here's my attempt at my first bed runner. I still need to quilt it but I wanted to get your take as to how this is coming along. (I deliberately made it shorter than most because I didn't want to cover up the nice scalloped edges of the quilt). AND for those of you that quilt on a regular (read: very non-fancy basic) sewing machine, how would you quilt this if this were your first attempt at FMQ? I'm biting the bullet and trying my hand at this on this bed runner. I figure since it's for myself and not being given away...it's a good place to start. ;-) Oh, and what color binding would you suggest?

Once this is done, I'm going to just sit awhile on this project so ideas might come to me on the wall hanging and/or head board ideas for the head of the bed. As you can see it's bare. I'll put an old picture up in the meantime.

Thanks for any input you have! Karen
Oh, my gosh....I love the whole thing! Did you have a pattern? Is there a pattern for the
french roses?
Thank you! There is a pattern for French Roses by Heather French, BUT...everywhere I looked it was out of stock! So...I found the next best thing...a blog where someone actually showed step by step how to make a French Rose block. This is the site: http://quilt-knit-run-sew.blogspot.c...ose-block.html

The other blocks were made from tube quilt piecing. (Much easier than I ever anticipated it would be!) And this is the tute that I used for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE

So to answer your question, no I did not have any pattern...but I did find helps to make each block and create my own pattern. Which means you could easily make this or your own similar version without much difficulty. This was the very first time for me to make any of these blocks (and yoyos as well) and yet I was surprised at how easily it all went together once I made each block the first time. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM

So pretty..lovely.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:39 AM

Super cute!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:45 AM

What a wonderful job, I would be running a satin stitch around the roses, but of course that is truly just me. Have fun quilting, don't have much practice on that- Yet.